Confusion Over USDA Guarantee Puts $41M of Housing Debt at Risk
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/21/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 55, p17349
The article offers information on the series of teleconference and/or web conference meetings on Section 538 Guaranteed Rural Rental Housing Program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to be held in March, July, and November 2013.
- Move to Save Aging Rural Rentals. // National Mortgage News;1/24/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p6
The article focuses on the aging rural rental houses in the U.S. It reports that the U.S. Department of Agriculture is working on a program to rehabilitate nearly 17,000 small, rural apartment properties throughout the country that are in need of repair. Though they are 22 years old on average,...
- Agency allocates $79 million for rural rental housing. Blackwell, Kisha // America's Community Banker;Jan99, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) allocation for the building of affordable rental housing in rural areas in 1999. Advantages of a competitive application process; Basis of loan requests; Level of demand for the loans under the USDA Section 515 Rural Housing Program.
- STUDIES, SURVEYS AND STATISTICS. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p22
The article presents news briefs related to housing for the U.S. as of January-February 2014. Study by America's Rental Housing: Evolving Markets and Needs depicted that renters pay more than 30 percent or more of their income on rent. The Works at Pleasant Valley, a 45-unit apartment complex...
- Guaranteeing investment in affordable rental housing. Lawson, Julie; Berry, Mike; Pawson, Hal // Housing Finance International;Winter2015, Issue 12, p39
The article discusses the significance of using guaranteeing investments on affordable rental housing. Topics discussed include the influence of guarantees in the lenders' credit control, the impact of the Global Financial Crisis and the Sovereign Debt Crisis to the decline in the government...
- Collection points. Wood, Emily // Estates Gazette;6/7/2008, Issue 822, p164
The article discusses the alternative ways by which a landlord can recover arrears or payment from its tenant. As soon as arrears arise, a landlord should act promptly and establish all possible alternative sources of income. It should consider seeking advice on the terms of any rent deposit;...
- Housing Finance: Options to Help Prevent Suspensions of FHA and RHS Loan Guarantee Programs: GAO-05-227. Wood, David G. // GAO Reports;3/15/2005, p1
In fiscal year 2004, the Department of Housing and Urban Development's Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and the Department of Agriculture's Rural Housing Service (RHS) guaranteed approximately $136 billion in mortgages for single-family homes, multifamily rental housing, and healthcare...
- Section 538 Guaranteed Rural Rental Housing Program 2012 Industry Forums--Open Teleconference and/or Web Conference Meetings. Treviño, Tammye // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/20/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 54, p16203
The article presents information on meetings of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be held through teleconferencing on a topic related to Rural Rental Housing Program.
- USDA strives to improve housing for farmworkers. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;7/19/2012, p2
The article announces that U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development is accepting pre-applications for loans and grants to rehabilitate rural rental housing for domestic farmworkers. USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack stated that U.S. President Barack Obama believes that strong rural...