Maryland's Plans for Intercounty Connector Garvees Get a Lift
- Automatic E-Z pass continues to make inroads in northeast toll collection plazas. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;08/06/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30203, p30
Features transportation agencies in the United States employing the E-Z Pass toll-collection system, which enable motorists to use toll roads without stopping. Effect of the use of the technology on the agencies' credit ratings; Standardization of toll-collection mechanisms across different...
- The Mig issue. Cicutti, Nic // Money Marketing;10/21/2010, p52
The article discusses the issue on mortgage indemnity guarantees or Migs. The author reflects on Migs as a solution to the problem in the mortgage market, wherein it is said that lenders are afraid of the risk of offering borrowers loan to value of 90 percent. He explains that Migs might not be...
- Arresting warrants. Valentine, Mark // Money Marketing;10/17/2002, p68
Reports on the factors influencing the popularity of derivative securities within the money market in Great Britain. Trading activity in the stock exchanges; Competitive prices of the product; Tax advantages of leveraged products.
- Reforming the Over-the-Counter Derivatives Market: What's to Be Gained? Cherny, Kent; Craig, Ben R. // Economic Commentary;7/7/2010, Vol. 2010 Issue 6, p1
In this article, the author discusses aspects of trading the derivative financial instruments into approaches that would create the central counterparty such as the exchanges and clearinghouses. It mentions that trading the derivatives is a solution for the transparency problem faced by...
- Variable-rate surges still leaves money market funds hungry. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p45
Reports on the growth of money market funds in the United States, despite the rise of variable-rate debt issuance. Moody's Investors Services' assessment of the market; Investment of money market funds in derivatives; Effects of the growth to the issuance of municipal derivatives.
- Short-Term Demand Met by New Wave Of Derivatives. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p1
Discloses that broker-dealers have released a wave of short-term secondary market derivatives in the United States due to a strong demand from money-market funds. Decline in governments' short-term borrowing needs due to anticipated revenue growth; Offering of five short-term products in the...
- Indiana Toll-Road Lease Sets a High Bar for Public-Private Patnerships. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, Special section p40
The article reports on the presentation of the Bond Buyer's 2006 Non-Traditional Public Finance Deal of the Year award to Indiana for its toll-road lease transaction. The award recognizes deals that fund traditional public finance projects without the use of municipal securities. The article...
- THE ROAD TO INNOVATION. Imas, Karen // State News (Council of State Governments);Apr2008, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p30
The article highlights the Northeast Transportation Financing seminar held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in February 2008. New Jersey Assemblyman John Wisniewski discussed the efforts of states in dealing with challenges facing the transportation industry. New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine...
- WEST VIRGINIA: $1B Toll Program Urged. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/26/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33986, p11
The article reports that the Blue Ribbon Commission on Highways of West Virginia has recommended the state to implement a toll bond program in order to raise one billion U.S. dollars for transportation projects in 2013nd the recommendation will become a final report to governor Earl Ray Tomblin.