High Court Ruling Won't Hurt Ballpark: Mayor
- Ballpark Garage OK'd. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34219, p39
The article reports on the District of Columbia Zoning Commission's approval of a city plan to build split-level parking north of the city's new baseball stadium in Washington as part of a 280 million dollar development. The plan is a compromise between owners of the Washington Nationals...
- D.C. Council Approves Redevelopment Projects, Rejects Mayor's Library Plan. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32523, p3
The article reports that the District of Columbia Council approved a handful of redevelopment projects throughout the nation's capital that could lead to the issuance of at least $400 million of bonds. However, the council rejected a proposal championed by Mayor Anthony A. Williams to construct...
- Petition Forgeries Cost D.C. Mayor A Fine And Force Him To Conduct Write-In Campaign. // Jet;9/2/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on Washington, D.C. mayor Anthony Williams, who was ordered to pay a fine due to fraudulent signatures on his nomination petitions.
- Anthony Williams Wins Big In D.C. Democratic Mayoral Primary. // Jet;10/7/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the victory of Washington, D.C. Mayor Anthony A. Williams in the city's 2002 Democratic Mayoral Primary.
- Anthony Williams Wins District Of Columbia Primary To Become U.S. Capital's Next Mayor. // Jet;10/05/98, Vol. 94 Issue 19, p9
States that African-American, Anthony Williams, chief financial officer for the District of Columbia, won the Democratic nomination in the primary race to succeed Marion Barry as mayor of the District of Columbia. Percentage of the city's eligible voters that went to the polls; Number of votes...
- Chant v Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions and another. Lane, Vivienne // Estates Gazette;7/13/2002, Issue 228, p127
Summarizes a case on the order for discontinuance of building and land use under the Town and Country Planning Act of 1990 in Great Britain. Background on the case; Decision of the court; Explanation on the decision.
- R (on the application of Amberley House Investments Ltd) v
Environment Agency. O'Grady, Eileen // Estates Gazette;10/23/2004, Issue 443, p143
Presents information on the ruling of an Administrative Court in Great Britain on a case regarding the planning application for the construction of a structure over main river. Facts of the case; Objection of defendant on the proposed development; Reasons behind the ruling of the court.
- R (on the application of Cherwell District
Council) v First Secretary of State and another. O'Grady, Eileen; Dobson, Sally // Estates Gazette;4/17/2004, Issue 416, p111
Presents the ruling by the Queen's Bench Division: Administrative Court on the case R (on the application of Cherwell District Council) versus First Secretary of State and another, which deals with town and country planning development. Facts of the case; Arguments of the parties to the case;...
- Sunnyslope rezones get second approval, appeal. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug2008, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the appeal for the controversial Sunnyslope comprehensive plan amendments before the Chelan County Hearing Examiner for its second approval. As these are same properties that had their land use designations changed by the county in March 2008, the city of Wenatchee file an...