MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, February 23
- A Record Year for CPI Munis. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/19/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32469, p1
The article reports on the increasing popularity of consumer price index (CPI) municipal bonds in the U.S. The trend was due to the decision of bankers to use them to attract investors. According to Goldman, Sachs & Co., they have insured the first CPI municipal bond sale in 1997 for Orlando,...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, May 18. // Bond Buyer;5/19/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32136, p2
The article provides information regarding the economic indicators for the United States economy. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose by 0.5 percent for April 2005. Statistics regarding the CPI excluding food and energy, government securities prices, municipal bond index, yields of government...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, April 14. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31863, p2
Delves into the U.S. bond market as of April 14, 2004. Performance of the economic indicators such as consumer price index (CPI), CPI excluding food and energy and international trade; Prices of government securities and the municipal bond index.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p1
Presents graphs showing the yield performance of municipal bonds in the United States on November 17, 2004. Rise in municipal bond prices after Treasuries survived consumer price increases in October 2004.
- Munis End Week Flat to Slightly Weaker. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32900, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of June 13, 2008. Despite some gains in the Treasury market, the municipal market is noted to remain flat with yields and trading transactions almost maintaining their level. In related note, the consumer price...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, July 14. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p2
Presents charts on the municipal bond market and economic indicators in the United States as of July 14, 2005. Consumer price index; Initial jobless claims; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Municipals End Day Little Changed; Illinois Issues $795 Million of GOs. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p2
Focuses on the little change in municipal bonds with multi-million of general obligation bonds in Illinois. Worth of the general obligation bonds; Rate of inflation in the consumer price index; Projection on the economic indicators.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, June 15. // Bond Buyer;6/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31906, p2
Presents United States economic indicators on June 15, 2004. Business inventories; Consumer price index; Empire State Manufacturing Index; University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply; TheMuniCenter List.
- Bernanke Testimony, Data Leave Munis Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32550, p2
The article highlights the activities in the municipal bond market in the United States on January 18, 2007. The municipal market remained unchanged. Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben S. Bernanke's congressional testimony, and economic data released on January 18 had little impact on market...