January CPI Up 0.1%; Core Rate Rises 0.2%
- Consumer Price Indexes by Region and Selected Cities, 2002-2003. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2005, p110
The article presents a consumer price index for different regions and selected cities of the U.S. for the year 2002-2003.
- Current Labor Statistics: Price Data. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr2005, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p105
This article presents data on consumer price indexes in the U.S. in 2004.
- LIHEAP Funding Faces New Challenges. // American Gas;Mar2007, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the new challenges faced by the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) funding in the U.S. Between 1981 and 2006, consumer price index and energy prices increased in 126 percent, yet funding for LIHEAP increased only by 59 percent. With this, not all...
- Bread & circuses. O'Beirne, Kate // National Review;12/31/1996, Vol. 48 Issue 25, p24
The article focuses on the efforts of congressional Republicans to make adjustments in the U.S. Consumer Price Index (CPI). The aim of the changes is to reduce the deficit over the next few years. However, it would do so by increasing taxes and reducing Social Security benefits. According to...
- Median CPI Gained 0.3% in Jan.: Fed. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p2
The article accesses the performance of median consumer price index (CPI), as calculated by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Ohio which was up 0.3% in January 2005. The median CPI in January rose 3.2% at an annual rate.
- LOCAL INDICATORS AND CONSUMER PRICE INDEX. // South Dakota Business Review;Jun2003, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p17
Presents tabular representations of local conditions indicators in South Dakota and consumer price index in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2003.
- CONSUMER PRICES. // Labour Market Trends;Sep2004 Supplement, Vol. 112, ps94
Provides data on consumer prices in Great Britain from 2002-2004.
- Oct. CPI Down 1.0%; Core Rate Dips 0.1%. // Bond Buyer;11/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33008, p2
The article reports on the decline of the consumer price index (CPI) for October 2008 in the U.S. The outlook is for additional price moderation ahead as energy price retreat. Core CPI declined 0.1% and a key is that core is decelerating and over the year core stands at plus 2.2%, down from plus...
- Level Price Index? // Time;10/28/1957, Vol. 70 Issue 18, p24
The article reports on the consumer price index for September 1957 which indicates a mild break from the increasing price index that measures the cost of living in the U.S.