Ex-Philly Treasurer Says Mayor's Aide Often Chose Underwriters
- Philadelphia School District Readies $300 Million Deal. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31370, p3
Reports the plan of the Philadelphia School District to sell deficit bonds. Opinion of the legislature on the special legislation; View of the city officials on the financial problem of the government; Approval of the proposed plan.
- Philly Schools' New Finance Chief Understands Value of Education. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/20/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32157, p44
The article focuses on Folasade Olanipekun who started as chief financial officer of the Philadelphia School District, Pennsylvania on May 2, 2005. According to Olanipekun, along with new professional challenges, the job brings a return to the values taught by her parents, and a return to the...
- Philadelphia hires Botary. Defendis, Megan // Waste News;10/19/98, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p27
Reports on Philadelphia, Pennsylvania officials' recruitment of Joan Batory as recycling coordinator for the city. Batory's previous posts; First assignment as recycling coordinator; Plan to promote recycling education and outreach in her new role.
- Facing Severe Crunch, Philadelphia Mayor Calls for 10% Cut in Workforce. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31519, p34
Reports on Philadelphia Mayor John Street's proposal to cut 10 percent of the city's workforce to avert financial crisis. Period over which the job cuts will take place; Plans to redefine municipal government; Support for expansion of Pennsylvania Convention Center and other anti-drug and...
- Philly Media Ban at Investor Conference Raises Ire. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;4/18/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33897, p5
The article informs that media is objecting the non-public nature of a investor conference as officials of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania have decided to exclude the media from their two-day investor conference which is going to start in the second week of April 2013.
- Los Angeles Mayor Villaraigosa Proposes $4.5 Billion General Fund Budget. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32863, p5
The article reports on the proposal of Los Angeles, California Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa on a $4.5 billion fiscal 2009 general fund budget. The proposed budget closes a projected $406 million gap in the current-services budget with short-term layoffs, job cuts, and fee hikes. The city's capital...
- Far West Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32088, p35
Reports on the global developments related to bond markets. Forecast of the income taxes for the fiscal year in California; Plans to build an inter-island ferry network in Hawaii; Assertion of Tom Potter, Portland Mayor, that he wants the next executive director of the Portland Development...
- Florida. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in Florida as of August 14, 1997. Cooperation between Jim Eaton in the investigation of bond deals in the region; Broward County's search for a new administrator; Joe Gersten's request for a refugee status in Australia.
- Florida. McKenna, Jon; Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in Georgia as of August 14, 1997. Appointment of David Lucas as manager of Interstate/Johnson Lane's Macon brokerage branch; Individuals honored at the Atlanta Municipal Bond Club's annual gathering.