- Dallas schools aim to fast-track underwriter team, deal for early '99. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p3
Focuses on Dallas Independent School District's search for an underwriting team to handle an expected refunding in 1999. Board of Trustees' postponement of bond referendum it had planned for February 1999; Projected savings from the refunding; School district's involvement in scandal that led...
- San Diego Schools Refunding Up To $300M, on Top of $200M Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p1
Reports on the plan of the San Diego Unified School District in California, to try anew to refund money and the new-money sale of general obligation bonds. Goal of refunding of three percent present-value savings; Insurance of the new-money bonds by Financial Security Assurance Inc. and the...
- Austin School District Readies $76 Million to Refund CP. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;8/5/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33362, p4
The article reports that the Austin Independent School District, Texas, is refunding its outstanding commercial paper notes with proceeds from recently negotiated dollars 75.8 million bond sale.
- Sell-Off Prompts Pittsburgh School District to Delay $69M Refunding. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p34
Reports that the Pittsburgh School District is pulling its general obligation bond refunding secondary to the national unemployment figures in the U.S. Schedule of the postponed negotiated deal; Maturity of the deal; Underwriter of the deal.
- Time to Cast a Wider Net. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31182, p1
Reports on the shift of Texas School District from high property tax levels to non-tax-base sources for its bonds refunding in Dallas, Texas. Factors affecting selling strategy of the school; Proceeds of the bonds sale; Impact of the recapture system to wealthy districts.
- Texas School District to Sell $111M Refunding Issue Today. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31078, p38
Reports the sale of refunding bond issues by school districts in Texas. Rates of bonds; Generation of property tax revenues from the Carrollton-Farmer's Branch Independent School District; Assistance offered for school constructions.
- Kansas School District, Looking to Time Market, Splits Refunding. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;03/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31087, p41
Reports the split refunding of the bond in the Johnson County, Kansas, Unified School District. Creation of savings for the district; Prevention of total refund due to a low interest rate; Negotiation with U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray.
- Municipals End Firm in Light Trading; Arkansas School District Sells Bonds. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/31/2002, Vol. 343 Issue 31543, p2
Focuses on the sale of refunding bonds in the new-issue market by School District No. 21 of Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Reasons for decline in Chicago purchasing managers index; Yield range for reoffering of serial bonds; Fixed-income securities reflecting awareness of the implications for...
- San Diego School District Delays $850M Deal Amid Volatile Market. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31849, p3
Reports on the authorization by the San Diego Unified School District of a multimillion-dollar refunding of general obligation bonds. Aim of the refunding to allow the district to take advantage of the low yields in the market; Remark from Scott Patterson, the district's chief financial...