- Orange County, Fla., Pricing Part One Of Two-Part $308M Tourist Tax Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32627, p3
The article reports on the anticipation that Orange County, Florida will competitively price the first of two deals totaling $308 million of tourist development tax refunding revenue bonds. The 2007 bond sale, which is intended to advance refund a portion of Series 2002 bonds, are expected to...
- Yield Indexes Finish Lower; Philadelphia Fed Numbers Raise Inflation Fears. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32117, p36
Examines the performance of bonds in the bond market in the U.S. Detection of low yield indexes; Contribution of the municipal bonds to the rally in the market; Decline in prices of bonds; Detection of strong demand for bonds on the biggest transaction.
- Argentina's Neuquen pierces, but doesn't topple, barrier. F. O. // Asset Securitization Report;10/16/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p19
The article focuses on Neuquen's decision to priced the first cross-border bond backed by onshore assets in Argentina. According to a press release, the $125 million, eight-year transaction priced at 8.656%, led by Citigroup, achieved the lowest yield by an Argentine province. With the deal's...
- Secondary Trading Takes Backseat Ahead of Greenspan's Testimony. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/16/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32072, p2
Reports developments in the U.S. bond market. Decline in bond prices; Consideration of the February 15, 2005 New York City general obligation bond offering as the largest deal; Implementation of repricing of new bond issues.
- Patience is a virtue. Fox, Danny // Money Marketing;5/11/2006, p57
The article advises investors in Great Britain to hold on because corporate bonds appear to be ready to increase in prices again later in the year. Government bond yields have been rising lately and corporate bond yields have followed suit. This trend may continue because inflation and economic...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32054, p36
This article presents charts providing information about various indicators in bond market. Some of the indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields, U.S. securities prices, bond buyer index, and others.
- Gains in Treasury Market Encourage Participants to Bid Up Muni Prices. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32159, p2
This article reports that after getting encouraged by solid gains in the Treasury market, participants bid up municipal bond prices and underwriters were able to selectively lower yields on $750 million of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority revenue bonds in a move that tends to...
- Municipals Head North, Favoring Long Term, As Supply Increases. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32133, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market moved higher on Friday with most firmness seen on the long end, which cheapens on a relative basis when Treasuries rally, attracting investor demand. Traders said bonds changed hands at yields that were as much as three and four basis points...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p36
Several charts are presented that lists bond market statistics including market indicators, U.S. Securities Prices, and municipal market data general obligation yields.