Miami-Dade Mayor Pledges Accountability for Bond-Heavy Programs
- Beyond Ceremony: The Impact of Local Wisdom on Public Participation in Local Government Budgeting. Sopanah, Ana; Sudarma, Made; Ludigdo, Unti; Djamhuri, Ali // Journal of Applied Management Accounting Research;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p65
This paper reveals that public participation in local government budgeting can be practiced fully by the people, and not merely a ceremonial process as shown by earlier literature on such processes. Prior research has focused on the district level and found that participation in local government...
- Assessing the Ongoing Controversy over Tax Cuts. // Korea Focus;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p23
The article discusses the controversy over tax cuts in South Korea. Increase in taxes by the government has had an adverse affect on the welfare of the general public. The general public is against the tax increases. But all the funds for government expenditures come from the taxes, and...
- Public choice in local judicial systems. Broder, Josef M.; A. Allan, Schmid // Public Choice;1983, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p7
Discusses a study on the public response to local, rural-urban court consolidation. Residents which benefited from efficiency gains brought by court consolidation; Changes in the incidence of benefits due to consolidation; Degree of association between court policies and interest group...
- DETERMINANTS OF RELIEF POLICY AT THE SUB-FEDERAL LEVEL. Albin, Peter S.; Stein, Bruno. // Southern Economic Journal;Apr71, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p445
In this paper, we try measures of each of these determinants and use them to explain the level of assistance in different states. Specifically, we calculate need as the assistance necessary to bring all families up to an arbitrary poverty-line level (in 1960, a family income of $3,000 a year)....
- Correction. // Inside Tucson Business;10/12/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p4
A correction to the article about the incorrect ranking of public welfare spending that was published in the October 5, 2009 issue is presented.
- December 5 deadline for bond proposal. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/5/2003, Issue 323174, p22
Comments on the nature of the bond proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Limitation of spending by population growth and inflation; Decrease of budget expenditures; Prosposition of mid-year budget adjustments.
- Calif. to Sell $1B in GOs Next Week. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;06/07/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31155, p1
Reports the sale of general obligation (GO) bonds in San Francisco, California. Reimbursement of capital expenditures on state budget and electricity crisis; Comparison with the GO bond sale in February 2000; Views of state Treasurer Philip Angelides on the GO sale.
- Next storm headed our way: Quinn's borrowing plan. Msall, Laurence // Crain's Chicago Business;2/7/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p20
The article presents the author's comments on the Illinois governor Pat Quinn's proposal to use general obligation restructuring bonds to fund operating expenses.
- FISCAL CAPACITIES AND WELFARE EXPENDITURES OF STATES. Cold, Ronald B. // National Tax Journal;Dec69, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p496
The article focuses on the concern of public finance on the ability of local governments in the United States, to address socially desirable expenditures. The evidence of fiscal inequalities can be observed in tax collections and personal income over capita. The federal government has exerted...