Maryland Senate Approves Slot Machine Legislation
- Maryland House Does Major Revamp on Senate's Slot Machine Bill. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p4
The article reports that Maryland House delegates recently were set to debate a slot machine gambling bill that is drastically different from the one passed by the Senate last week. The House version would allow the installation of 9,500 machines in Anne Arundel, Harford, Frederick, and Allegany...
- Seeking closure. Cajueiro, Marcelo // International Gaming & Wagering;Oct2007, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p39
The article focuses on the regulation and recognition being sought by the bingo game industry in Brazil. It says that the Brazilian Congress has been demanded by protestors in Brasilia to pass bills which would allow bingo parlors to reopen. It states that bingo owners are often forced by the...
- Slot Showcase. Shemeligian, Bob // Casino Journal;Oct2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p80
Provides information on the slot machines to be introduced by manufacturers at the Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bewitched the Nosey Neighbor machine from AC Coin & Slot; Zorro slot games from Aristocrat Technologies; Hee Haw games from Bally Gaming Systems.
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE REGULATIONS ON GENDER BASED VIOLENCE IN ROMANIA AND SPAIN. VLĂDILĂ, LAVINIA MIHAELA // International Conference : CKS - Challenges of the Knowledge Soc;2012, p157
In this article, I will present the evolution of the regulation of gender based violence in Romania and Spain. This new theme is one of actuality, due to the situations that frequently happen in our social life. Both Romania and Spain have a high level of gender based violence, even if nowadays...
- The one-cent solution. Falcone, Marc // Casino Journal;Oct2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p94
Focuses on the increase in popularity and value of penny slots to casinos in the U.S. with the advent of cashless technology. Conversion of slot floors to penny slots; Casinos that adopted penny slots; Advantages of such slots.
- Lawmakers Pass Most of SC Chamber's Business Agenda. // South Carolina Business Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce 2005 Business Agenda, which outlines the Chamber's legislative priorities for the year. The Senate's swift dispatch of much-needed rules changes the opening week of the 2005 session set the pace for what would become a banner...
- ï¿½Social Issuesï¿½ Move Forward In Congress. White, Eileen // Education Week;11/23/1981, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the insistence of the lobbyists and conservative Senators to the legislation of social issues in the U.S. Congress. The Senators argued that Republican-controlled Senate has been trying to delay action to social-issues bills through filibusters. Amendment for the prayer in...
- Fighting the Filibuster. Juhasz, Michael // Public Eye;Winter2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p21
A review of the article "Curbing Filibuster Abuse," by Mimi Marziani, Jonathan Backer, and Diana Kasdan, is presented.
- Enlaces con y para el territorio de titulaciÃ³n colectiva en el municipio de Tumaco, Colombia. Ramirez, Esther Judith Mulford // Prospectiva;Oct2013, Issue 18, p245
This article seeks to identify and recognize the organizational dynamics of municipality of Tumaco's community councils, within a program of education and training in social law aimed at strengthening capacities for the exercise of governance in territories. In Colombian legislation, the...