Chicago, Nevada School District Both Ready Hefty Deals
- As New Year Begins, Eyes of Texas Shift to School Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32295, p26
The article focuses on school bonds that are scheduled to be issued by school districts of Texas. The Georgetown Independent School District of Texas is planning to issue general obligation bonds worth $97.1 million. Banc of America Securities LLC is the lead manager for the bond issue. The bond...
- Munis Move 'Sort of Sideways'. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32857, p2
The article discusses various issues related to treasury market in the U.S. Treasury market opens at 3.47% and closed at 3.49% wherein the yield of the treasury note is near at 1.73% after opening at 1.74%. Bear, Stearns & Co., announces that after the through review, they would give final...
- Gains in Treasuries Allow Secondary to Firm. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/12/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32421, p2
The article reports that the strengthening of the U.S. Treasury market which allowed the municipal secondary to stabilize despite the primary market's effort to address the issues facing them. New York trade analysts believed that the movement of tax-exempts goes along with the treasuries....
- Munis, treasuries keep upbeat pace ahead of reports, Greenspan speech. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;10/27/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30260, p1
Reports on the boom in the municipal bonds market in the United States. Host of economic testimony and data by US Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan; Volume of tax-exempt bonds and notes slated to hit the market; List of tax-exempt issues launched by companies.
- Munis close up 1/8 point overall. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;07/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30440, p1
Reports on the response of the municipal bond market to US Federal Reserve Board's chairman Alan Greenspan's statements before the Senate Banking Committee. Direction of the yield curve; Pricing of the New York State Thruway Authority highway and bridge trust fund bonds and the Triborough...
- Greenspan Talk Warms Markets. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;09/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30480, p1
Reports on the market for municipal bonds in the United States on September 16, 1998. Includes highlights of remarks by Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan before the House Banking Committee; Najor deals in primary and secondary markets.
- Municipals slip, treasuries dip, as market awaits Fed testimony. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;07/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30192, p1
Reports on the results of the trading of municipal bonds in the United States, prior to Federal Reserve System Chairman Alan Greenspan's scheduled testimony before the House Banking Committee on July 22, 1997. Total orders for the refunding bonds of New York City; Top yields for retail; Results...
- Greenspan leaves short end waiting for a reason to move. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30195, p6
Reports on the effects of US Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan's Congressional testimony on short-term municipal rates. Possibility of a financial crisis overseas; Demand for variable-rate demand note offerings; Tendency of the stock market to suck up all available cash.
- Munis End Stronger as More Deals Price. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;1/20/2016, p26
The article reports that arrival of bigger deals on the municipal bond market pushed top-rated bonds to end stronger on January 20, 2016, when Washington state offered two competitive deals amounting to 672.57 million U.S. dollars.