W. Va. Hospital Gets Negative Outlook
- S&P Downgrades DEPFA Bank to A-plus. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/24/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32677, p1
The article reports on the downgrade of DEPFA Bank PLC's ratings on its long-term debt to A-plus from AA-minus and on its short-term rating to A-1 from A-1-plus, by Standard & Poor's Corp. The rating agency cited concerns on an announcement that DEPFA would be acquired by Germany-based Hypo Real...
- S&P Deals California Harsh Hand. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33022, p1
The article reports on the lower credit ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp. to California's short-term credit rating to -2 from -1 and placed $53.8 billion of long-tern debt on negative Creditwatch. According to analyst David Hitchcock California is pressured by the sharp declines in...
- Wachovia Wins Debt Upgrade from Fitch. Boraks, David // American Banker;3/22/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 55, p18
Reports that Fitch Inc. has upgraded the long- and short-term debt ratings of Wachovia Corp. due to improvements in performance and structure at the nation's fourth largest bank since 2003. Upgraded rating; Acknowledgement of approach to risk management to allow for growth.
- The Regions. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/13/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32753, p28
The article reports that the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority has approved the Children's Hospital and Health System of Wisconsin Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. The hospital system has entered the market after receiving an upgrade from Standard & Poor's. Moreover, the system has...
- S&P May Change How It Rates Banks. // American Banker;1/12/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 7, p2
The article reports that a change in methodology for rating banks and financial institutions is being considered by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services.
- S&P to rate more banks in developing countries. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;
Focuses on Standard & Poor's expansion of its ratings on banks in emerging markets. Number of banks that will be added to the company's ratings; Comment by Roger Taillon, managing director for the company; Countries where the company will expand its ratings.
- Debt Maturity and the Effects of Growth Opportunities and Liquidity Risk on Leverage. Johnson, Shane A. // Review of Financial Studies;Spring2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p209
I test the hypothesis that short debt maturity attenuates the negative effect of growth opportunities on leverage. Using simultaneous equations with leverage and maturity endogenous, I find strong support for an economically significant attenuation effect. The negative effect of growth...
- Methodist Healthcare Raised to A- by S&P. // Bond Buyer;6/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31667, p2
Standard & Poor's said it raised its rating on the Shelby County Health, Education, and Housing Facilities Board, Tennessee's bonds issued for Methodist Healthcare to A-from BBB-plus. The outlook is stable. The upgrade reflects the recent sale of the Memphis and West-Tennessee hospitals, which...
- S&P Drops Two Midwest Hospitals to Junk Status. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/4/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33108, p4
No abstract available.