Arizona Community Colleges Hit Market With $190 Million
- Energy effort involves students. // American School & University;Jan1994, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p16
Reports on Maricopa County Community College District's launching of a 16-month energy assessment throughout its multicampus facilities. Goal of the project; Expected reduction in energy costs.
- Maricopa CCD Nixes Tax Hike. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33337, p9
The article reports on the proposal of the Maricopa County Community College District to increase 2% in the district's property tax rate which is intended to help compensate for lower state funding in Arizona.
- Maricopa Fires Chancellor for 'Lack of Respect.'. // Community College Week;7/07/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p2
Reports on the decision of the Maricopa County Community College District to fire chancellor Fred Gaskin in Arizona. Reasons for firing Gaskin; Terms of the contract of Gaskin with the community college district; Replacement of Gaskin.
- newsbriefs. // Community College Week;7/11/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p3
The article offers community college-related news briefs as of July 11, 2011. A tuition fee increase in community and technical colleges in Louisiana has been approved by lawmakers. A 3 percent increase in the county property tax was also approved by the Maricopa County Community College...
- Court Nixes Law on Ariz. Board Seats. // Community College Week;8/18/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p62
The article reports on the decision of the Arizona Court of Appeals to remove the two board seats that the governing board of the Maricopa County Community College District for violation of the state's constitution.
- Maricopa Class Action Status Granted To Hispanic MCCCD Employees. Freedman, Eric // Community College Week;3/13/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the approval of the class action status of several Hispanic employees of the Maricopa County Community College District in Arizona by federal judge Earl Carroll in a suit focused on the use of the district's listserv system to distribute allegedly racist and ethnically discriminatory...
- Examples of Excelencia. // Multicultural Review;Spring2007, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p7
The article reports that programs at the Maricopa County Community Colleges in Arizona and the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) have been chosen as Examples of Excelencia in a national effort to identify, recognize and promote programs that enhance educational achievement for Hispanic...
- news briefs. // Community College Week;3/17/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p2
The article offers news briefs related to community college as of March 17, 2014. Topics include the tuition and property tax increase proposed by the Maricopa County Community College District in Arizona, an obituary for Wesley Warren, professor at the Broome Community College of the State...
- news briefs. // Community College Week;6/13/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p3
This section offers news briefs on development in U.S. colleges. Three students from El Paso Community College sent their science experiment into space aboard the space shuttle Endeavour. The Maricopa County Community College District is settling a U.S. Justice Department discrimination lawsuit...