Violence continues despite strong election turnout
- Anti-human Responsibilities for a Postmodern Educator. Tenenbaum, Adam // Studies in Philosophy & Education;Nov2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5/6, p369
Modern education has invested in exiling or normalizing violences. Its discourse seeks to implement economies, which may exercise only the necessary kinds of violence and avoid as much violence as possible. Postmodern education implies a new constellation in the discourse of violence and...
- DOMESTIC-VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH. Gayagoy, Gabrielle; Lipton, Rachel // Shape;Oct2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p44
Presents information related to domestic-violence.
- Recovering from Conflict: Does Gender make a difference? Sorensen, Birgitte Refslund // UN Chronicle;1999, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p26
Discusses gender issues in conflict and post-conflict situations. Impact of violence on women; Role of women in political, economic and social reconstruction.
- HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT GUN VIOLENCE IN THE U.S.? // Scholastic Choices;Feb/Mar2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p17
Presents an argument about gun violence in the U.S.
- Drug cartel battles add to death toll in Mexico. // Pipe Dream;3/19/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the turf war between two drug cartels in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. It notes that the violence has increased to a level that all the people feel at risk in the city that has a population of 1.3 million. It mentions that hit men have gone to wrong addresses or shot...
- Domestic Violence Victims Urged to Break Silence. Miller, Larry // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;9/15/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p3
The article discusses the need for domestic violence abuse victims to break their silence and speak up in order for the issue to be addressed by society and prevent such things from happening to more people in the U.S.
- With Army Help Rio Takes Over "Heart of the Evil" in Clean-Up Effort for 2016 Olympics. Newsroom // Brazzil Mag;11/1/2010, p1
The article focuses on the success of police and the Brazilian Army in taking back the Alem�o Complex group of favelas from drug lords in Rio d Janeiro, Brazil. The operation was by far the largest ever carried out in Rio, involving more than 2,500 officers and troops. In the operation, the...
- Violently Ill. Robinson, Leslie // Outlook Weekly;4/10/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p8
The article discusses the author's experiences of violence.
- Harlem Mothers SAVE fight gun violence. Merrit, Layla // New York Amsterdam News;11/23/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 48, p3
The article presents information related to Harlem Mothers SAVE, a support network for mothers of Harlem, New York City, who have lost a child to gun violence. The group also supports community efficacy to reduce the guns on the streets. Mother Jean Royster Hills, who lost her only child in gun...