Searching For A Cure
- life sciences In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/31/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 5, p7
This article presents information on recent developments related to the pharmaceutical industry. Merck & Co. Inc. has initiated a phase I study for PYY3-36, its new drug for the treatment of obesity, which the company is developing as a nasal spray product with Nastech Pharmaceutical Co. Inc....
- In Brief. // Ophthalmology Times;3/1/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p6
The article presents several news briefs related to pharmaceutical companies. Pfizer Inc. has acquired Angiosyn Inc., a privately held biopharmaceutical company developing an angiostatic agent for ophthalmic diseases, including age-related macular degeneration. U.S. MedSys Corp. has formed the...
- Market watch: Biopharma deal-making in 2014: a record year for M&A value. Micklus, Amanda; Muntner, Steven // Nature Reviews Drug Discovery;Feb2015, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p84
The article focuses on the mergers and partnership agreements of several biopharmaceutical industries in 2014. Topics discussed include the divestitures and assets swaps among pharmaceutical firms, impacts on the changes to the taxation rules on pharmaceutical firms Pfizer Inc. and AstraZeneca...
- CELLTECH NO LONGER "BRITISH" Houlton, Sarah // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jul2004, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p22
Reports on Belgian specialty pharmaceutical company, UCB's takeover of Celltech of Great Britain. Impact of the takeoever to the British biotechnology industry; Problems faced by Celltech since the failure of talks with Pfizer for the developmental rheumatoid arthritis treatment. CDP-870.
- Leading Indicators. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p23
The article reports developments in the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. Merck & Co. Inc. will acquire two biotechnology firms, GlycoFi Inc. and Abmaxis Inc., to bolster its position in the growing field of biologic drug development. The anti-smoking product, Chantix, of Pfizer Inc. has...
- More Megadeals Loom In the Drug Industry. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p10
Reports trends in consolidations between biotechnology companies and pharmaceutical industries in the United States. Deal between American Home Products (AHP) and Pfizer industries; List of other possible partners of AHP; Status of the Glaxo-SmithKline combination; Benefits of the...
- Pfizer acquires UK drug delivery technology firm. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;November 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p19
Reports that industry leading pharmaceuticals group Pfizer is set to pay $125 million to fully acquire Meridica Ltd., a drug delivery technology company based in Cambridge, England. Expected completion of the transaction in the fourth quarter of 2004; Background on Meridica.
- Reverse Commute. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;6/23/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p15
The news that Pfizer Inc. planned to shift 1,000 jobs to Manhattan, New York from New Jersey, Missouri, Michigan and California took many by surprise. Since Sept. 11, 2001 almost all the major relocation traffic has been headed in the opposite direction. However, the pharmaceutical giant, which...
- Prospecting for next goldmine. Thomaselli, Rich // Advertising Age;11/15/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 46, p40
Reports on the status of Pfizer in the pharmaceutical industry as of November 2004. Information on the acquired marketers of the company; Impact of the loss of patent protection of major drugs on genetic competition and sales; Information on the financial performance of the company in 2004.