Cable's Unique Market Opportunity
- Digital satellite systems vs. cable. // USA Today Magazine;Jun95, Vol. 123 Issue 2601, p2
No abstract available.
- The `C' in C-band stands for choice. // Popular Electronics;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the capabilities of C-band communications satellites. Distribution of various programming by the networks that viewers can tape; Profusion of electronic news gathering on the C-band; Variety in audio subcarriers; Quality that satellite can deliver.
- A plethora of programming. // Popular Electronics;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the variety of programming options that C-band communications satellites bring. Distribution of programming by different packagers; Basic cable services and premium channels offered by Ultraview; Access to multiplexed and multiple feeds.
- Too many channels becomes burden. Townson, Don // Variety;09/20/99, Vol. 376 Issue 5, p47
Provides information on the increasing number of cable networks and satellite channels in Vancouver, British Columbia. List of cable subscribers that are grumbling about added costs for services; Comments from Star! general manager Marcia Martin; Implication of the proliferation of cable...
- Cable operators eye telephony. Masud, Sam // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p35
Reports on cable television operators' efforts to take advantage of a flexible Internet protocol platform to offer telephony services. Task of upgrading the older coax plant to a hybrid fiber coax; More television channels; Support for two-way voice, data and video communications.
- VOD: Hot and ready to serve. // CED;Jul2000, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on the growth of competitiveness of the video-on-demand (VOD) technology in the cable television industry of the United States. VOD plans of multi-channel service organization Time Warner Cable, Insight Communications and Cox Communications; Potential use of satellites to reduce costs...
- Cable Looks to Heavens. Brown, Peter J. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 47, p44
Focuses on the services like digital television, video-on-demand and high definition television, offered by the cable television operators and its impact on satellite distribution system. Discussion on other developments in the field; Views expressed by various broadcasters on the services...
- DISH Network Boasts 33% Q3 Revenue Rise. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/05/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p10
Reports an increase in the total revenue for the broadcast stellite of the DISH Network system in Littleton, Colorado.
- DELIVERING THE GOODS. Von Sychowski, Patrick // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/30/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 34, pW-17
Presents the three key digital delivery systems in digital cinema. Capability of satellite to deliver movies; Use of cable televisions as delivery medium for a digital-cinema film; Distribution of physical media.