REIT Structure Draws a Crowd
- Drought Ends for REIT IPOs. McLinden, Steve // National Real Estate Investor;Oct2003, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the recovery of the initial public offering (IPO) for real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the U.S. Number of IPO for 2003; Worth of public REIT issued in common equity for 2003; Reason on the increase of investments.
- CEO Involvement in Director Selection: Implications for REIT Dividend Policy. Zhilan Feng; Chinmoy Ghosh; Sirmans, C. F. // Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics;Nov2007, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p385
This paper examines the relationship between CEO entrenchment and dividend policy of real estate investment trusts (REITs). We develop an index for CEO entrenchment using CEO tenure and duality and find that this index has significant impact on dividend policy. We further separate our sample...
- NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF INVENTION. Hughes, Don // Accountancy;Apr87, Vol. 99 Issue 1124, p118
Explains strategies to stimulate the market for large properties in Great Britain. Issuance by a developer of two classes of share capital and a deep-discount first mortgage bond; Insertion of a financial intermediary between the owner of a property and the investors; Emergence of the single...
- Barker Report Calls for REIT Creation. // National Mortgage News;3/29/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p18
Furthering efforts to structure a version of the U.S. real estate investment trust tax vehicle is among the ways that Great Britain could improve investment in housing, according to a recent report released by the Treasury Department of Britain. The report by Kate Barker, a member of the Bank of...
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/31/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p27
Provides tips on investing in real estate investment trusts (REITs). Differences of equity REITs from mortgage REITs; Advantages of investing in REITs; Risks in investing in REITs.
- Hong Kong: Spotlight On Property Market. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p9
Focuses on the real property market of Hong Kong, China. Rate of increase in property prices; Effect of the government land auction to be held on September 27, 2005; Impact of the initial public offering of LINK REIT, a real estate investment trust, on the property market.
- Invista looks for â‚¬700m from flotation of flagship fund. // EuroProperty;2006, p25
The article reports on the listed Great Britain fund manager, Invista Inc., which plans to raise 245.5m euros with the flotation of its flagship continental European fund. The initial public offering would give Invista European Real Estate Trust SICAF 700m euros of spending power. Invista has...
- An Analysis of Lockups in REIT IPOs. Chen, Hsuan-Chi; Fok, Robert; Lu, Chiuling // Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics;Oct2011, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p359
We analyze how the unique characteristics of real estate investment trusts (REITs) affect IPO lockup agreements from 1980 to 2006. The findings show that, unlike industrial IPOs, lockup periods for REIT IPOs do not cluster at 180 days, tend to cover longer periods, and vary over time. Our...
- In brief. // Estates Gazette;5/19/2007, Issue 720, p51
This section offers news briefs on real estate business in Great Britain as of May 2007. Rugby Estates Investment Trust was able to raise Â£50 million in an initial public offering (IPO) and commenced trading on the London Stock Exchange. Private equity group CVC issued a statement assuring...