HSBC Launches New Research Product
- HSBC to convert IFA arm to restricted model. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing;11/8/2012, p12
The article reports on HSBC's plan to convert is whole-of-market independent financial adviser (IFA) arm to a restricted advice service post-Retail Distribution Review (RDR) in Great Britain.
- The Boomer Conundrum. Silver, Larry // On Wall Street;Sep2006, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p91
The author contemplates on the results of his survey of people in the U.S. securities industry for their thoughts on what the major challenges will be for financial advisors and their firms during the next five years from 2006. The author's informal survey indicates that the industry needs to...
- HSBC to convert IFA arm to restricted model. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing (Online Edition);11/8/2012, p84
The article reports on the plan of HSBC Bank PLC to convert its whole of market indenpendent financial advisors (IFA) arm to a restricted advice service post-retail review distribution (RDR).
- Boutiques race for research gold. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;11/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p1
The competition is on as independent stock analysts make efforts for a place alongside some of the biggest companies on Wall Street. As part of the "global settlement" with regulators over tainted stock research, several Wall Street firms agreed to spend $432.5 million over the next five years...
- What Pros Look For In Dividends. DAVID SAITO-CHUNG // Investors Business Daily;10/24/2014, pA11
Institutional money managers who have a mandate to find good dividend-paying stocks don't perform their job much differently from their zero-income, high-growth-focused counterparts.
- HSBC scraps tied advice service and axes 650 jobs. Thomas, Paul // Money Marketing;5/3/2012, p21
The article reports that HSBC is abolishing its tied advice service, a move that will result in 650 financial advisers losing their positions. The bank, which is keeping its whole-of-market advice and execution-only services, claims around 50 of the tied advisers will be given the chance to...
- HSBC to convert IFA arm to restricted model. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing (Online Edition);11/2/2012, p5
The article reports on the statement of HSBC Bank PLC that Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs) will not meet new independence definition post-retail distribution review (RDR) after December 31, 2012 in Great Britain. HSBC is to convert its whole of market IFA arm in line with the new...
- Looking for ways to boost business. Appell, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;8/22/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p1
The article reports that investment consultants are looking to new products and market segments to bolster a core business model that has left them the odd man out in an otherwise lucrative financial sector. The latest signs point to a period of open architecture, as consultants move to serve a...
- Finding Loopholes In New SEC Rules. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/9/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 34, p10
Reports on the approval of a set of rules for Wall Street financial analysts by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Requirement for all firms to state the percentage of securities belonging to buy, neutral or sell categories; Factor to consider in the amendment of the rule; Impact of...