Bresnan Speaks on Rereg
- The Bill and Brian Show. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p44
Comments on the plan of cable television operator Bill Bresnan to carry C-SPAN television programs. Return of Bresnan on the board of C-SPAN; Commitment of Bresnan to C-SPAN; Remarks of Bresnan on his business plans.
- Broad Brand. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/12/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 49, p25
The article presents information about the recent rebranding campaign launched by USA Network. Recently, USA Network launched an ambitious rebranding campaign designed to take the company to the next level of viewership and revenue. With distribution to 89.4 million U.S. homes, USA's valuation...
- Plenty of good questions, not a lot of answers. Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p18
Reports on the business strategy of Charter Communications Incorporated. Comparison between finding the right advanced video strategies with running a store according to Richard Yelen, vice president of marketing at Charter; Deployment of video-on-demand services by the firm. INSET: CHARTER...
- Remembering A Cable Legend. // Multichannel News;12/7/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p10
The article presents a commemoration from several executives in the cable industry to American cable pioneer Bill Bresnan who passes away. Bresnan Communications chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff DeMond, states that Bresnan lead his people by good example and provides a mission to succeed by...
- Vivendi Wants More Credit for USA. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p31
Focuses on the business strategies of Vivendi Universal S.A. , a cable network in the United States. Plan of Vivendi to consolidate with USA Networks Inc.; Reaction of investors on the stock prices of Vivendi; Amount offered by Vivendi to finance media operations.
- Ops are Calling Call Centers Profit Centers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p16
Reports the strategies envisioned by cable operators to meet the expected growth of demands for cable industry installations in the United States. Proposal to monitor customer call centers of every company; Plan to ensure proper funding for call center upgrades; Emphasis on cost cutting.
- Operators Try to Get Creative. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p16
Reports the strategic plans of cable operators to attain growth in the cable industry in the United States. Plan of having dish buy-back programs; Provision of greater incentives for sales agents; Elimination of cable thefts.
- MSOs Working on Move-Referral Plan. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p30
Focuses on the decision of multiple-systems operators to fund a study on structuring an industry-wide customer-move referral program. Vulnerability of cable subscribers to direct-broadcast satellite dish purchases during a move; Importance of integrating customer billing and database software;...
- Sales Give Charter Boost. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the corporate strategy of Charter Communications Inc., a cable operator in the U.S. According to the author, the sales of the company of its systems has greatly helped to consolidate its footprint. Company CEO Neil Smit states that the clustering of the firms systems have...