FX Building a Comedy Block
- 'SUNNY' FUTURE'S BRIGHT. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;10/7/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 5, p17
Reports that FX cable network has ordered another 13 episodes of the television comedy "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" in the U.S. Focus of the story on the misadventures of four friends who own a bar; Difficulty of the show in attracting a loyal following during the summer despite the...
- FX TAKES WALK ON 'SUNNY' SIDE. Martin, Denise // Variety;8/1/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," a television comedy program written and created by Rob McElhenney, to be aired in FX cable television network. Career background of McElhenney; Description of the show; Outlook of John Landgraf, FX president and general manager, on the quality of...
- College Try. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;11/15/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p22
The author offers opinions on prime time television programs on broadcast and cable television. The comedy program "Glory Daze" to be presented by the TBS cable television network of Turner Broadcasting Systems is praised as an attempt to alter the traditional formula of comedies based on...
- November Was Cable's Month. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p5
Reports on the growth made by prime time cable television shows in November 2002. Efforts made by broadcasters to launch special programs; Performance comparison of television shows in November 2002 to shows in October 2002; Information about important television channels.
- Laff net unafraid of pushing the limits. Hicks, Tom // Daily Variety;03/30/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 23, pA1
Focuses on Comedy Central's comedy programs. Notable formats of the cable network; History of the network's programming; Target audiences; marketing strategy.
- 'Glick,' golf fill prod'n pipeline. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;03/30/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 23, pA10
Focuses on Comedy Central's upcoming television comedies in the United States. Comedy Central senior vice president Debbie Liebling's comments on the cable network's programming strategy; Plot of the series 'That's My Bush!'; Comedian Martin Short's 'Primetime Glick'; Plans for 'Tender Trap,' a...
- Old comedies get new format. Spring, Greg // Electronic Media;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p34
Reports that a consortium of television stations is negotiating with Paramount Domestic Television to pick up a package of up-converted classic television sitcoms.
- Comedy Central shows. // Electronic Media;05/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p28
States that there will be an additional five series in the summer of 1997 to the `Comedy Central' cable television network. Reason for additional series.
- USA Network lightens up. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p8
Reports on cable television network USA Network's plan to broadcast a comedy television program. Details of the planned program `Brown Parcels of Land'; Background on the network's reputation as a broadcaster of drama programs.