Northland Adds Net2Phone Service
- NET SAVINGS. Levy, Steven // Newsweek;6/23/2003, Vol. 141 Issue 25, p70
Focuses on services provided by Net2Phone, which is a voice over Internet Provider (VOIP) telephone service. Quality of voice connection.
- PC, Phone Home! Tanaka, Jennifer // Newsweek;9/17/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 12, p71
Reports on use of voice over Internet Protocol (voice over IP) technology to make long-distance telephone calls. Internet phoning services such as Net2Phone and Dialpad; How voice is processed to travel over the Internet; Partnerships with hardware manufacturers to produce IP telephones; Costs...
- The Internet Phone Booth. Roush, Wade // Technology Review;Jun2004, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p47
This article reports that as early as the mid-1990s, personal computer owners could use software from companies such as Net2Phone to make low-cost calls over the Internet using their home or office computers. Allegedly, Internet calling has been more of a curiosity than a serious rival to the...
- LIBERTY CABLEVISION OF PUERTO RICO TESTS IP TELEPHONY. // Worldwide Telecom;Aug2002, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the administration of pilot test of a fully managed end-to-end Internet Protocol telephony service over broadband networks by Net2Phone Inc. and Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico in August 2002.
- Net2Phone Unveils Phone-to-Phone Over IP in U.K. // Tele-Service News;Feb2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p2
Reports that Hackensack, New Jersey-based Net2Phone Inc. has introduced a phone-to-phone service in Great Britain that uses Internet telephony to place ordinary phone calls around the world.
- NET2PHONE LAUNCHES NEW HONG KONG HUB. // Tele-Service News;Jan2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p8
Reports on a hub launched by Net2Phone, Inc., a leading provider of Voice over IP services, in Hong Kong, China.
- Net2Phone leader in VoIP. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2000, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p17
Reports that Net2Phone led the Internet protocol telephony services market in 1999. Total minutes of traffic generated by follow-up companies iBasis and ITXC; Projected decrease in the companies' market shares due to the launch of voice over IP (VoIP); Addition of termination internationally by...
- Changing colors. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;12/13/99, Vol. 237 Issue 24, p30
Reports on Internet telephone company Net2Phone and how it has managed to evolve its business plan despite difficulties of selling voice-over-IP long distance minutes. Net2Phone's running of IP telephone minutes on its global network; Contract with AT&T Global Services; Approach to the problem...
- Hold the phone, your PC is on the line. Weinberg, Neil // BRW;10/06/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p48
Reports on Net2Phone's Internet-based voice services. Predicted sales of the company; Stock price; Other services offered by Net2Phone.