Crawford Bulks Up Content Holdings
- Janus opens office. // Super Review;Apr2007, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the opening of the Melbourne office of Janus Capital Group which catered to the Australian and New Zealand market and is aimed to satisfy the needs of institutional investors in Australia. It set up wholesale investment schemes and planned to take a medium to long-term...
- A growth guru takes a value twist. Smith, Anne Kates // U.S. News & World Report;11/29/99, Vol. 127 Issue 21, p82
Mentions the `value' style of picking stocks for mutual fund investment. Janus Capital Corp. plans for a value fund called the Strategic Value Fund; David Decker to manage the fund, which debuts February 29, 1999; Reason for value investing.
- Janus to Open Funds Shut in Boom. // American Banker;12/18/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 241, p13
Focuses on the plans of Janus Capital Management to open closed funds to new investors in an effort to boost its assets. Plans of the company to reorganize its funds; Funds opened by the group.
- Mutual Fund Firms Deliver Solid Stock Market Returns. Glover, Hannah // Money Management Executive;12/12/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p1
The article reports that driven by 401(k) contributions and the increasing popularity of exchange-traded funds, stock sales of major mutual fund companies have significantly outperformed traditional stocks and bonds. Janus Capital Group Inc. took another hit when regulators slapped it with a...
- Quiet Reception Greets New Janus Funds. Amend, James // Money Management Executive;3/7/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p10
The article presents information on new mutual funds. It is reported that Janus Capital Corp. is introducing two new funds that could finally signal a turnaround for the onetime fund giant and a departure from its reputation for aggressive growth. American Century also recently introduced a new...
- Reviving Janus. Nash, Jeff // Money;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p80
Tom Marsico's split with Janus in 1997 left investors in his top-ranked Janus Twenty fund with a tricky choice: Stick with the fund that had earned an average of 23% a year since 1988? Or follow the manager who was responsible for that record to his fledgling firm? Those who stayed with...
- The fallout from Gross' switch. // Pensions & Investments;10/13/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p1
The article looks at the implications of investment manager William H. Gross's decision to leave Pacific Investment Management Co. (Pimco) and join investment firm Janus Capital Group. It says the move was abrupt and has created concern among some institutional investors and investment advisors...
- Cable Profits Reward Fund Giants. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;2/25/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p22
The article focuses on the sale of stocks of Comcast Corp. by funding companies including Capital Research Globe Investors, Janus Capital Management LLC. and Franklin Resources Inc. It reports that Capital Research has sold 1.3 millions shares and Janus Capital has sold 3.5 millions shares of...
- Pimco's Bill Gross Leaves His Own Firm For Janus. ELAINE LOW // Investors Business Daily;9/26/2014, p00
Pimco founder and "Bond King" Bill Gross is exiting the global investment management firm he founded for competitor