Comcast Rings Up Verizon Marketer Davis
- Gearing Up for the Quadruple Play. Davis, Marvin // Multichannel News;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p38
This article presents an interview with Marvin Davis, senior VP of marketing at Comcast Corp. Davis explains the addition of wireless phone service to the bundle of products that Comcast sells to customers in the U.S. When asked what his primary marketing pitch are, Davis cites that in the...
- Davis's Rules of Marketing. Davis, Marvin // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p6
Interviews Marvin Davis, senior vice president of marketing of Comcast Corp. Career background; Importance of wireless telephone service to the marketing strategy of Comcast; Information on the marketing strategies used by Comcast.
- Use It or Lose It. // Multichannel News;1/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p31
In this article the author focuses on Comcast Corp. on the one hand stating that it never intended to build a national wireless network and on the other hand working towards it.
- downloads. // Brandweek;7/15/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p17
Presents information on the process of hiring employees and the use of cellular phones. Results of a survey conducted by the 'New York Times' on employee hiring; Suggestion for telephone companies.
- Comcast's Watson Cooks Up VOD Centerpiece. // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p8B
Interviews Dave Watson, executive vice president of sales, marketing and customer service of Comcast Corp., on the plan of the company to launch a video-on-demand (VOD) server in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Details of the VOD rollouts; Comment on the free content component; Creation of a menu...
- Striking Up the Brand To Draw Customers. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p30A
The article discusses the marketing and customer-service strategies of cable operator Comcast Corp. in the U.S. According to Marvin Davis of Comcast, the expansion of the company is all about price, packaging and promotion. Davis asserts that effective advertising campaigns allow the company to...
- Comcast lines up LAN trials. // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p22
Reports that Comcast Commercial Online Communications Inc. will undertake a three-month wireless local area network trial in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Provision of broadband Internet services to schools and businesses; Standard to be used for wireless Ethernet connectivity.
- NOUVELLE CHAï¿½NE DE VALEUR POUR LE SANS-FIL DE TROISIï¿½ME Gï¿½Nï¿½RATION : ATTRACTIVITï¿½ DU MARCHï¿½ ET CHANGEMENTS D'AVANTAGES CONCURRENTIELS. PAGANI, Margherita // Revue Franï¿½aise du Marketing;mai2009, Issue 222, p5
In the wireless communications market, nearly every incumbent operator has experienced business problems in recent years. The reason for this is the opening of the market to competitive operators and the following drop in prices as well as attractive services in the mobile telephony market. This...
- Blockbuster Eying Mobile Phone Service? GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;12/17/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p6
The article reports on the plan of Dish Network-owned rental chain Blockbuster LLC to sell smartphones and service plans on its website, a move that illustrates the seriousness of the parent company to enter the wireless business.