Painting an Accurate Picture
- Research. // CableFAX Daily;2/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on a study on the interest of cable subscribers to VOD in the U.S. in 2006. It cites the market penetration of digital cable television. A correlation between cable customer satisfaction and VOD is revealed.
- A Network for the People. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;7/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p10
Offers information on the American Channel, a proposed digital cable network that will tell true stories about the U.S. and its citizens. Scheduled launch of the American Channel; Background of several proposed television series that will be aired on the American Channel; Target demographics of...
- QUICK TAKES. Broad, Julie // Electronic Media;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p8
Presents the remarks by three executives on broadcasters' digital-only-must-carry proposal to cable operators in the United States. Relations between broadcasters and cable operators; Digital transition of cable operators.
- They're must-carried away. // Electronic Media;11/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p12
Editorial. Comments on the digital must-carry provision being suggested by the Gore Commission in order to make broadcasters `pay' for free digital spectrum. Public service requirements for broadcasters; Perception that the cable industry, not broadcasters will foot the bill; Tying public...
- Digital self-promotion. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/15/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 21, p28
Discusses the driving forces behind digital cable penetration in the United States. Impact of movies, the Internet and targeted programming on digital cable; Remarks of key industry executives regarding digital broadcasting.
- THE SCAPEGOAT. Mundy, Alicia // Adweek Western Edition;05/08/2000, Vol. 50 Issue 19, pC54
Provides information on the cable industry in the United States. Opportunities available for the growth of the cable industry; Reasons for the slowdown in digital television; Political discussions regarding the cable industry.
- Yes, localism and free over-the-air television must be preserved. Fritts, Edward // Electronic Media;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p36
Comments on the regulatory issue of whether the federal government should require cable systems to carry the digital signals of television stations in the United States. Importance of preserving localism and free over-the-air television; Expected growth of digital television.
- Family Tiering Gets Technical. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;12/19/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 54, p24
The article deals with the challenges posed by the requirement for U.S. cable operators to launch family-friendly programs. Problems await cable operators with cable systems that are not yet converted to digital due to the fact that digital channels can be easily arranged into a programming...
- UTAH'S UNCABLE SURPRISE. Kerschbaumer, Ken; Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the launch of a mini wireless cable system, the U.S. Digital Television (USDTV), using the spare digital television capacity of local TV stations in Utah in 2004. Features of the DTV system; Initial cable lineup; Remarks from USDTV president Steve Lindsley on the initiative.