PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Western Show Rides Off Into the Sunset. // Television Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p6
Discusses the last Western Show of the U.S. cable television industry in 2003. Reasons behind the decision to terminate the trade show; Contributions of the California Cable and Telecommunications Association to the success of the show.
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p39
Presents an update on issues and events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of Aril 2005. Appointment of Marietta Hurwitz at Bravo; Schedule of the 12th Annual Washington Summit organized by the American Cable Association; Promotion of Gerald M. Dash as senior vice president...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p58
Provides an update on activities and executives of the U.S. cable and television broadcasting industry as of June 7, 2004. Officers appointed by the Cable Telecommunications Association of Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia; Promotion of Bill Goodwyn at Discovery Networks U.S.;...
- Cable Lineup. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p40
Presents a list of Cox Communications' cable systems with more than 100,000 basic subscribers in the U.S. as of February 2, 2004. Cox Arizona based in Phoenix; Cox San Diego in California; Cox Las Vegas in Nevada; Cox Baton Rouge in Louisiana.
- Cox seals multimedia deal. // Multichannel News;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p40
Reports on cable television network Cox Communications Inc.'s acquisition of Multimedia Cablevision Inc. Rise of subscription in Kansas, Oklahoma and North Carolina.
- VOD's Mystery Numbers. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p24
Analyzes the market for video on demand (VOD) services from the cable television industry in the U.S. Strategy of Cox Communications Inc. in launching its VOD service; Percentage of VOD-enabled subscribers in Boston, Massachusetts and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Increase in VOD revenue in 2004;...
- Broadband. // CableFAX Daily;9/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 180, p2
The article reports that an extension of a contract will enable U.S. cable television company Sigma Systems to continue being the operational service manager for Cox through 2010. The effect of the extension of the contract on Cox is described.
- NAB Rejoins 35% Cap Fight on Hill. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p28
Reports on the reaction of cable television organization the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) regarding the federal rule to limit number of the U.S. television subscribers for a television station to 35%. Impact of the legislation on four big television networks in the country; Plans...
- EVENTS. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p24
Presents information on events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. Conference from the National Cable Television Cooperative to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada; Dates set for the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing Research Conference in San Diego, California;...