TLC's Open Curriculum
- Discovery to Re-launch FitTV. // Club Industry (07478283);Nov2003, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p10
Deals with the announcement of Discovery Networks in November 2003 regarding the launching of their cable fitness network. Statement from Billy Campbell, president of Discovery Networks U.S., on the plans for the fitness network.
- Brain gain. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;5/3/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 18, pSR20
Features Billy Campbell, president of Discovery Network broadcast company. Career background; Changes in the company upon the appointment of Campbell; Efforts to increase the viewership ratings of its television programs.
- Cable '04. Burgi, Michael // Adweek;5/3/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 18, pSR3
Change is usually a good thing, no matter what the business is, because it means one is probably moving forward. Take Discovery Communications Inc., one of the truly original brands in the cable industry. Not only has the company aggressively grown its roster of cable services, it has worked...
- Brain gain. Larson, Megan // Brandweek;5/3/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 18, pSR20
Focuses on the efforts of Billy Campbell to make the television programs of Discovery Network more entertaining. Changes made by Campbell to the programs and tag line of the network; Ratings of the programs of Discovery after a year of Campbell's administration; Vision of Campbell for Discovery;...
- New Boss to Make Travel's Plans. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;6/2/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 22, p20
Discovery Networks International veteran Rick Rodriguez has been named executive vice president and general manager of Discovery's Travel Channel. Rodriguez, who joined Discovery in 1994, will oversee the network's programming, production and operations under Discovery Networks U.S. President...
- Reality bites for cable powerhouse. Martin, Denise // Variety;10/31/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 11, p26
This article reports on the shift in the strategy of Discovery Networks in 2005. Discovery Networks president Billy Campbell, whose reorganization of the cable group has yet to pay off in Nielsens, is dealing with the reorganization. Campbell recruited general managers for Discovery, TLC, Animal...
- Brain gain. Larson, Megan // Adweek;5/3/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 18, pSR20
Billy Campbell's mission as the president of television network Discovery Networks Inc., is to make programming more entertaining and find the right people to make it and sell it. As Discovery Networks was entering its first upfront with Billy Campbell and Joe Abruzzese in 2003, at the helm, a...
- Stranger in a Cable Land. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 40, p12
Reports on the contributions of Billy Campbell, president of Discovery Networks, to the cable television network in the U.S. Career background; Participation of celebrities in the television programs of Discovery; Percentage of increase in the revenue of networks owned by Discovery in 2003. ...
- Discovery to Keep Both Health Nets. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p2
Reports the business plans of Billy Campbell, president of Discovery Networks for the cable television station. Details on the personal-health issues programming of the network; Information provided by the channel; Views of Campbell on the health genre.