This Just In
- Cable Systems Top 100 Systems Directory. // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p8A
Presents information on the systems directory of the top cable companies in the U.S. Comcast Cable, Eastern Division owned by Comcast Cable Communications; Cablevision Greater New York owned by Cablevision; Adelphia Northeast Region owned by Adelphia Communications Inc.
- Cable NOTES. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;5/2/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p18
Presents an update on issues and events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of May 2005. Amount of fine ruled by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission concerning the accounting misdeeds of Adelphia Communications; Changes in the board directors of...
- Signs of M&A Return May Be Misinterpreted. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p14
Focuses on the implications of the merger and acquisition of cable companies for television broadcasting in the U.S. Reasons for the sale of cable company Adelphia Communications; Impact of the emergence of clustered cable systems on television broadcasting; Trends that could influence...
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Making Time for Local Avails Pays Off. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p20A
Reports on United States cable networks' increasing accommodation of affiliates' requests for local avails. Bravo; Animal Planet; CNBC; Comedy Central; ESPN Classic; Fox News Channel; TNT.
- Emerging Networks Face Fight for Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Reports on the results of a survey of cable operators in the United States, published in the June 2000 Myers Reports `Mediaeconomics' newsletter. Top-ranking emerging networks based on brand familiarity and carriage plans; Operators' views on the important attributes for adding a basic network;...
- Hooked Up. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/05/98, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p58
Presents news items on the cable television broadcasting industry in the United States. Extended contract of USA Networks' `Sunday Night Heat' weekly series; Statistics on the advertising revenues for leading basic cable networks during the first half of 1998; Satellite TV distributor Prime...
- Cable ratings down. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p4
Reports the ratings of cable television networks in the United States as of March 2000. Percentage decrease among the top ten networks; USA Network as the top cable network in prime time television; Attribution of Nickelodeon's secondary spot to the program `Nick at Nite'; Networks with...