Comcast, Toon 'Up' First
- Building a Better Mouse Trap. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;2/6/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p18
The article provides information on the video-on-demand (VOD) tracking services being offered by video management company Rentrak in the U.S. It also presents details on the company's advertisement-tracking system developed in consultation with cable operators, networks and agencies. Other media...
- Turner study slices cable some b'cast pie. Dempsey, John // Variety;03/24/97, Vol. 366 Issue 8, p23
Focuses on the share of cable channels in the television market in the United States. Revenues of cable television from advertising; Results of the study conducted by Turner Broadcasting on the cable television market; Ratings of cable television programs; Findings on the advertising rates of...
- Cable upfront wins the battle for bucks. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;05/15/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 21, p7
Reports on the growth of the cable upfront advertising market in the United States as of May 2000. Increase in cable's upfront take; Factors contributing to the growth; Increase in the number of advertisers that are shifting their budget from broadcast to cable.
- 4th quarter revenues rise in slow ad market. Ross, Chuck // Electronic Media;03/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the rise in the television advertising revenues of cable television networks in the United States during the fourth quarter of 2000. Comparison of television advertising revenues during the fourth quarter of 2000 as compared to that of the same period in 1999; Overview on television...
- DATA ZONE. // Electronic Media;03/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p9
Presents a chart depicting cable television advertising revenues in the United States from 1992 to 2001.
- Buyers, Sellers Weigh Tech Advances. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p56
Focuses on the potentials of the digital ad-insertion and interconnection in cable television broadcasting in the United States. Effect of ad-insertion on cable's ad sales; Professionalism involved in interconnection; Intensified competition among cable broadcast stations; Advent of interactive...
- CABLE EXES CROWING. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;04/03/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the impact of the advertising market crisis and threatened writers' strike on the television broadcasting industry in the United States. Executive vice president of advertising sales for Discovery Networks, Bill McGowan's forecast on losses of broadcast networks; Main reason cable...
- Comcast's NBC news... Cox's sixth ESPN HD market... TWC Ohio does DVR... Insight VOD plays in Peoria... Microsoft's IPG... Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p11
Presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of May 2003. Improvements in the video-on-demand service of Comcast; Plans of Cox Northern Virginia for the launch of the ESPN high-definition sports channel; Information on the video-on-demand service launched by Insight...
- Comcast an Early 'Sleeper' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p6
Focuses on the subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service being offered by Comcast Corp. via cable television network Showtime in the U.S. Inclusion of a proprietary Internet video package in the VOD arrangement; Television programs featured on VOD; Advantages of the service.