The Quest for Equality
- Nightmare World. Shah, Saira // World Today;Aug/Sep2001, Vol. 57 Issue 8/9, p25
Looks at the situation of women in Afghanistan under the social restriction imposed by the Taliban forces. Number of women in Kabul, Afghanistan who have been bereaved by years of war; Women who are exempt from the ban on female employment; Number of women who die in childbirth.
- THE AMERICAN WAY. Mundy, Alicia // Editor & Publisher;11/19/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 45, p16
Focuses on the global issues concerning the social status of women. Oppression of Afghan women by Muslim extremists; Consideration of trade as a means for dealing with the Taliban; Abuse of women in Pakistan for not wearing a veil.
- Lives still restricted, Afghan women see hope. Peterson, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;12/30/99, Vol. 92 Issue 26, p1
Reports changes at the end of 1999 to the Taliban government's position on women, especially the education of women in Afghanistan.
- The terrible Taliban. // Herizons;Summer99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the oppression of women in Afghanistan by the Taliban regime. Isolation of women in their homes; deprivation of legal rights; Lack of security even in homes; Increase in suicide rates; Contact information.
- new restrictions on women. // Off Our Backs;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 7
Informs on the rules of Afghanistan's Taliban organization against women. Banning of female air-workers at the United Nation's World Food Program from baking and surveying bread distribution plans; Rules for all foreigners entering the country.
- The War Against Women in Afghanistan. // Women's International Network News;Spring99, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p80
Reports on the impact of the conflict in Afghanistan on women. Speculations on the number of women killed in the war; Losses suffered by displaced women; Prohibitions related to women under edict issued by the Taliban in October 1996; Exclusion of women from civil society; Struggles between...
- For Afghan Women, It's Time for Revolution! // Off Our Backs;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p6
Interviews a member of the Revolutionary Association of Women of Afghanistan concerning the situation of women under the rule of the fundamentalist group Talilban. Turning of Afghanistan into a mini-holocaust; Stoning of women; Foreign countries' support for the Taliban; Deprivation of women...
- AFGHANISTAN: RESTRICTIONS ON WOMEN DICTATED BY TALIBAN. // Women's International Network News;Autumn2001, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p41
Focuses on the restrictions on women dictated by the Taliban government of Afghanistan. Ban on women's work outside the home; Educational restrictions; Clothing requirements; Ban on women's presence on television, radio or at public gatherings.
- Afghanistan: European leaders confronted. // Off Our Backs;Jun2001, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the political campaign of women in Afghanistan against the Taliban on human rights violation of Afghan girls and women at the French Parliament. Global movement against Taliban.