Chapman acquires Bell Securities
- No Longer Business As Usual. Khalfani, Lynnette // Black Enterprise;Jun99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p193
Reports on the performance of African American investment firms in 1998. Challenges faced by these firms; Application for membership of Williams Capital Group on the New York Stock Exchange; Resurgence of the municipal bond business; Performance of Siebert Brandford Shank in capitalization;...
- Road warriors. Jackson, K.; Thompson, K.D. // Black Enterprise;Jun88, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p198
Shack-Woods & Associates is a Long Beach, Calif.-based holding firm that is one of the most profitable auto dealerships on the West Coast. Bill Shack and Timothy Woods are the BE (`Black Enterprise') Auto Dealers of the Year.
- Milestones in black business 1988-1989. Edmond Jr., Alfred // Black Enterprise;May95, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p128
Recounts developments affecting black business enterprises in 1988-1989 in the United States. Recognition of the Independence Bank of Chicago as Bank of the Year by the periodical `Black Enterprise'; Establishment of Granite Broadcasting; Listing of top Afro-American-owned automobile dealers by...
- The journey to independence. Scholes, Laura L. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/16/95, Vol. 15 Issue 28, African American Business p5B
Focuses on the African-American businesses in Louisiana. Brenda Williams' Bathsheba & Co., a special event decorating service; Russell Kelly's Jayde's Jazzy Soul Food Restaurant; Keith Cox and Haltron Adams III's Buford & Cox Inc., an auto detailing business.
- Minority businesses are still undercounted. Nelton, Sharon // Nation's Business;Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p8
Presents figures from United States Census Bureau on the number of black-owned businesses. Statistical information on black-owned businesses; Information on study on African-American businesses; Results of study.
- Black-owned businesses. Mergenbagen, Paula // American Demographics;Jun96, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on Afro-American-owned business enterprises in the United States. Areas of specialization; Predictions for growth in small businesses; Implications of an increase in Afro-American population on their economic future; Profile of Afro-American entrepreneur Philomena N. Okigbo. INSET:...
- Black-owned business ownership rises here. Slowik, Elizabeth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/14/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the increase in the number of businesses owned by African Americans by 80 percent from 2002 to 2007 in Kent County, Michigan.
- THE STATE OF SMALL BLACK BUSINESS. Gallop, Gerda D. // Black Enterprise;Nov98, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p63
Examines the performance of Afro-American-owned business enterprises for 1998. Figures on ethnic heritage of company owners; Afro-American women that own their own business; Issues that Afro-American businesses should consider; Tips on establishing strategic partnerships. INSET: ALAVREZ TAKES...
- Minority entrepreneurs make impact in the State. Goldberg, Bruce // Colorado Business Magazine;Nov95, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p18
Presents a report on the first compilation of the top 100 minority owned companies in the Colorado. Other popular annual lists; The hottest fields; Further information. INSET: Top 100 minority-owned companies ranked by revenue..