Head of Arkansas Finance Authority calls for changes in private school bill
- California questions need for health agency's debt cap. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30463, p3
Focuses on the bill being considered by state lawmakers aimed at removing the debt cap set in tax-exempt bonds issued by the California Health Facilities Financing Authority. Terms of the bill; Officials' assessment of the demands for bonds; Arguments for and against the bill; Provisions under...
- Entertainment's false promises. Utt, Ronald D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/26/98, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p4
Opinion. Comments on the need for tax policy makers to evaluate carefully entertainment-related infrastructure projects in the United States. Introduction of a Senate bill prohibiting communities from issuing tax-exempt bonds to finance construction of sports facilities; Maryland's megaplex...
- Health care reform creates opportunities and challenges. Horn, Brenda S.; Melliere, Michael J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/18/93, Vol. 14 Issue 29, The Law Journal p26
Discusses the impact of President Bill Clinton's proposed health care reform package on issuers of tax-exempt bonds. Debt ratings; Integrated delivery systems; Need for flexibility; Financing reform proposals; Tax-exempt financing.
- Bill to Ease Tax-Exempt Housing Bond Issuance Introduced in Senate. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31111, p4
Focuses on the legislation introduced in the United States Senate that would ease some restrictions in the tax code on tax-exempt housing bonds. Potential impact of the legislation on the issuance of single-family mortgage revenue bonds; Key provisions of the bill.
- Congress passes bill allowing tax-exempts for Kennedy Center expansion. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p44
Announces the passage of a federal legislation in Congress in November 1997 allowing the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts to use tax-exempt bonds to finance a $35 million expansion of its parking garage and build a large-screen theater. Background on the bill; Terms of the...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/16/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30996, p5
Presents a table depicting the status of legislation related to government bonds in the United States. Derivatives provision in the U.S. House version of the bankruptcy reform bill; Bond restrictions on municipal electric utilities; Veto of the legislation granting tax-exempt bond issuance to...
- Indiana lawmakers make another pass at NCAA bonding measure. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p24
Focuses on a bill being considered by the Indiana legislature in 2000, which would extend the issuing powers of the Indiana Development Finance Authority to allow the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) to use tax-exempt debt for working capital needs. Reason for the bill's...
- Avoid Retroactive Bond Bills, NABL Plans to Ask Congress. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p1
Focuses on the letter drafted by a National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) task force, seeking to discourage members of the United States Congress from introducing bills with retroactive effective dates in order to curb certain tax-exempt bond transactions. Rationale behind the group's...
- Senators fight to extend mortgage forgiveness. // Hill;6/24/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 76, p12
The article reports on the fight of Nevada Senator Dean Heller and Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow towards the extension of mortgage forgiveness tax relief until the end of 2015.