Las Vegas valley agency recommends regional bond bank
- Muni Holdings: Banks' Municipal Portfolios Swelled Slightly in 1st Half. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p7
Focuses on the municipal bonds held by various commercial and savings banks in the U.S. in the first half of the year 2001. Value of bonds held by banks; Total assets with commercial banks in the country; Merger that prevented an increase in municipal bond holdings by banks.
- Commercial Banks' Municipal Holdings. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p39
Presents information related to municipal bond holdings with commercial banks in the U.S. as of November 21, 2001. Cost of the securities; Amortized cost of debt security; Fair value holdings in thousand dollars.
- U.S. Banks' Municipal Portfolios Grew 5.2% in First Half. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p6
Reports that according to U.S.-based Sheshunoff Information Services Inc., U.S. banks' municipal bond holdings have risen during the first half of 2002. Banks that have increased their municipal bond holdings the maximum; Portfolio growth of the Chicago, Illinois-based bank Bank One; Facts...
- The 500 Largest Municipal Portfolios at U.S. Banks. // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p29
Presents a list of some of the largest municipal portfolios at U.S. banks including cost basis of holdings and annual percentage changes for midyear 2002 and yearend 2001, 2000 and 1999. Name of the organization providing the information; Adjustment for mergers and acquisitions in the data;...
- Big banks' muni holdings increased in third quarter. King, Sharon R. // American Banker;3/16/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 51, p4
Reports on the increase in commercial banks' holdings of municipal bonds by 4.6 percent by the third quarter of 1993. Bond categories; Largest holdings; Effect of the Tax Reform Act on banks' tax exemption.
- U.S. Treasury Touts Online SLGS System. Lynn Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/26/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30940, p1
Reports the release of an Internet-based program for State and Local Government Series (SLGS) securities for municipal bond issuers in Washington. Details on the operation of the SLGS program; Number of trustee banks participating in the program; Description of SLGS; Benefits derived from the...
- Wachovia Takes 3rd Place from Bank of America With 23% Rise. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31762, p6
Reports on the increasing municipal bond holdings of the banking industry in the U.S. Volatility of demand for commercial loan; Reinvestment of the maturities; Appreciation of bank assets.
- IN THE MARKETS. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;4/5/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p4
The article discusses the municipal bond business of U.S. where bankers have been allegedly cheating municipalities out of millions of dollars by paying below-market interest rates on the money governments.
- The 500 Largest Municipal Portfolios at U.S. Banks. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p38
Presents information related to municipal portfolios with various banks in the U.S. as of November 21, 2001. Cost basis of holdings in thousands; Data that are not adjusted; Source of the data.