Puerto Rico prices $228 million tax-lien securitization deal, the largest ever
- NY Tax Lien Bill Proposes Mandatory Securitization. O'Leary, Christopher // Private Placement Letter;04/05/99, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p1
Reports on a proposed bill in New York State that would eliminate the bulk sale option in favor of having tax liens compiled and securitized by the New York Municipal Bond Bank Agency. Views of market observers on the proposal; Worth of an offering from Puerto Rico; Pitfalls of securitization.
- Governments' desperation may determine future use of lien securitizations. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/27/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30508, p4
Focuses on the prospects for securitization of municipal assets in the United States. Municipal tax lien securitization; Factors that may influence securitizations of municipal assets; Impact on investment banking.
- Governments avoid securitizations, despite projected growth potential. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30444, p1
Reports that only the largest governments in the United States are attempting to sell tax liens to private investors despite early predictions of the securitization's growth potential. Estimated amount of municipal tax liens sold by municipalities every year; Limited number of governments with...
- 20 N.Y. Counties May Issue Bonds. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;09/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30984, p2
Announces that almost a third of New York's 62 counties are preparing to band together to sell tobacco settlement-backed bonds.
- Muni-backed CDOs On deck for Q3. // Asset Securitization Report;6/25/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the expected recovery of municipal bond-backed collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in the United States in the third quarter of 2001. Predictions by Standard & Poor's on CDO; Tax issues related to CDO structuring.
- Capital Asset seeking to continue success with lien purchasing, service. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p1
Reports on Capital Asset Research Corp.'s sale of securities backed by tax liens from Florida and New Jersey. Ratings on the deal given by rating agencies; Private placement of the securities by Lehman Brothers; Benefits of lien pooling; Advantage of the deal over earlier deals by services and...
- New Mexico Hits Market With $200 Million for Highways. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;02/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31076, p6
Focuses on New Mexico State Highway Commission's issuance of senior subordinate-lien tax revenue bonds for highway projects in a negotiated deal led by Dain Rauscher Inc. List of projects that will be funded; Ratings from rating agencies; Professional services.
- Bond Volume Takes Major Hit in May. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p1
This article reports that the monthly volume for municipal bond issuance in the U.S. tumbled about $5.8 billion year-over-year in May 2003, one of the largest drops since an $8 billion plunge in January 2000. This drop breaks a four-month trend of year-over-year increases in bond issuance...
- Muni Prices Firm as Issuers Come Foward With $3.2B in New Deals. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p2
Focuses on the security of municipal bonds in New York. Status of consumer price index; Institutional pricing of New York Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed revenue bonds; Firmness of issue pricing.