Virginia OKs road bonds, limits on garbage imports
- South Carolina House Passes Anti-Waste Flow Control Bill. Gerlat, Allan // Waste Age Expert Blog;3/8/2012, p1
The article reports on the decision of the House of Representatives in the South Carolina legislature to approve its anti-waste flow control bill or the Business Freedom to Choose Act.
- W. Va. Legislature Adjourns, Minus Pension Bonds. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p34
Reports the reluctance of the legislature to approve the sale of pension bonds in West Virginia. Increase of the interest rates; Result of the unfunded liability of the state retirement plans.
- Kansas Legislates Assessment on How to Improve Solid Waste Disposal. // Solid Waste Report;08/21/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p7
The article reports that Kansas Legislature passed House Bill 2249 in 2013 that requires the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) to perform a study that evaluates the adequacy of solid waste reduction practices in Kansas and report these findings to the Legislature in January 2014.
- Judge's refusal to hear Tennessee flow-control case puts waste revenues in doubt. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;04/28/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30381, p5
Reports on the Supreme Court's refusal to hear the case `Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County v. Waste Management Inc. of Tennessee,' in which the government wanted to keep power to direct waste to an incinerator financed by metropolitan bonds. Effects of a court of appeal's...
- Oklahoma Legislature to Reconvene for Special Session. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30906, p4
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating has been expected to call for a special session of the state legislature to discuss bond projects and determine whether the session is a continuation of a special session in 1999. Reasons behind the legislature's failure the adjourn its 1999 special...
- Barrel Burning Under Fire. Holderbach, Patrice R. // Mother Earth News;Jun/Jul2005, Issue 210, p34
Focuses on private waste incineration in the U.S. Risk of dioxin emissions from barrel burning; Effort of state legislatures to address the issue; Way to reduce the harms of incineration.
- Enviros helps get bid off the ground. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Dec2008 Supplement, p14
This article reports that British firm Enviros Consulting has helped in gaining planning permission for an energy-from-waste (EfW) facility at Four Ashes in Staffordshire, working with Staffordshire County Council. It is stated that EfW use of the site represents an important step forward in...
- RPS gets designer brief for facility. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Dec2008 Supplement, p14
This article reports on the planning approval received by British firm RPS for the energy-from-waste facility of Devon County Council in Exeter. It is stated that RPS was appointed to coordinate and lead the planning application and environment assessment, while providing concept designs at the...
- Maine Readies Over $112M in Bond Ballot Measures; Anti-Terror Funds Included. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p5
Reports on the approval of the Maine Legislature for the amount of bond ballot measure. Solicitation of support from voters on economic development initiatives; Aim to improve public utilities bond measure; Expectation in the signing of four bond bills.