San Diego sewer bonds may face soft market
- 'Toilet-to-tap' plan may be excluded from San Diego's sewer bond issue. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;02/17/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30580, p3
Reports on a plan by California's San Diego Public Facilities Financing Authority to sell $327.5 million in sewer revenue bonds on March 2, 1999. Planned upgrade to San Diego's Point Loma treatment plant; Fitch Inc.'s rating of the deal; Bear Stearns and Co.'s plan to split the bonds.
- San Diego Agency Selling $286 Million of Subordinated Water Debt. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31487, p4
Focuses on the offering of subordinated water revenue bonds by the San Diego Public Facilities Financing Authority in California. Use of the proceeds to refund water revenue bonds; Role of Morgan Stanley and Co. and Orrick, Herrington and Sutcliffe; Credit rating of the subordinated water...
- City issues $68.4m in lease bonds for stadium expansion... // San Diego Business Journal;12/23/96, Vol. 17 Issue 52, p19
Reports that the San Diego Public Facilities Financing Authority issued $68.4 million in taxable lease revenue bonds to San Diego Jack Murphy Stadium on December 12, 1996. What funds will be used for; Increase in estimated amount for expansion; Comments from Les Girard, assistant city attorney.
- Louis Ventura makes return to Bear Stearns. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p24
Reports that municipal bond market veteran Louis Ventura has returned to Bear Sterns & Co.
- Scandal Prompts Chicago to Drop Bear Stearns From $500M GO Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p1
Reports that the city of Chicago, Illinois, has removed Bear, Stearns and Co. from the underwriting team that was previously selected to sell up to $500 million new-money and refunding general obligation deal planned for August 2004. Effects of a scandal and a shakedown scheme allegedly...
- Grand jury urges change in city agency. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;02/23/98, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p5
Details the recommendation of the San Diego County's grand jury regarding the San Diego City's expansion of its Public Facilities and Finance Authority (PFFA). People that should be included and should resign from the agency; Reason why City Attorney Casey Gwinn resigned in PFFA; Reaction of...
- SEC Probes Bear Stearns In Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p1
Reports on the US Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation of Bear Stearns & Co.'s Chicago, Illinois public finance office. Municipal bond market offering of the company.
- Munis Little Changed; Bear Stearns Gets $163M in Retail for N.Y.C. GOs. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p2
Reports the performance of municipal bonds as of March 16, 2004 in the United States. Industrial output; Retail orders received by Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. on New York City general obligation bonds; Tier of the municipal market.
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31824, p30
Provides information on municipal bonds of various U.S. states as of February 2004. Appointment of Bear Stearns to handle the Miami-Dade, Florida aviation revenue bond issuance; State appropriation-backed debt of Kentucky; Appointment of BB&T Capital Markets to handle the Virginia Public...