Hearing scheduled for price transparency bill
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32220, p29
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status report in the U.S.
- Daschle Withdraws His Stimulus Package. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p30
Reports on the announcement of the U.S. Senate Majority Leader Thomas Daschle to withdraw the pending stimulus bill which possibly include provision favorable to the bond market. Reason behind Daschle's decision for withdrawing the bill; Impact of the decision on other bond-related amendments...
- Legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p4
Presents updates on the status of notable legislative bills affecting the bond market in the United States, as of September 2, 1997. Includes repeal of the two percent de minimis exclusion; Stop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt Issuance Act; Higher Education Bond Parity Act of 1997.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;04/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31109, p8
Presents a chart on status of legislative bills of relevance to the United States bond market as of April 2, 2001. Legislation; Current law; Proposed law; Current status.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31743, p8
Outlines several legislative status related to the bond market in the U.S. Inclusions of the proposed tax-cut package; Specifications of the Municipal Debt Refinancing Act; Details of the Housing Bond and Credit Modernization and Fairness Act of 2003.
- New lure of bonds. WOODFORD, ROBERT // Money (Australia Edition);Apr2013, Issue 155, p72
The article offers information on the growing market of government bonds in Australia. It states that the Australian government bond market was due to be listed and traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) by the end of March 2013. It mentions that the federal government released draft...
- Erie County Deadlock Continue As Compromise Attempt Appears Dead. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/20/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32904, p3
The article reports on the request of the Erie County, New York legislature to amend the legislation that created the Erie County Fiscal Stability Authority. The country legislature will be holding a special session asking the state legislature to amend the bill so that the county can sell bonds...
- Ways and Means Bill Likely to Include Gas Bond 'Safe Harbor' Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32109, p4
Reports that a measure to provide a safe harbor from the arbitrage regulations for bonds issued to prepay natural gas contracts will likely be included in the energy bill in Washington. Amendment of the tax code to improve energy infrastructure; Impact of the provision on tax revenues; Issuance...
- Pension Bill Could Hurt Bonds. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Management Weekly;11/17/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p4
Highlights the proposed bill, Pension Stability Act, by Senator Judd Gregg (R-N.H.). Approval of the bill; Goal of the bill; Impact of the proposed bill on the need for issuers to run to the bond markets to fund their pension programs.