California bill would allow negotiated GOs
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.
- Angelides: Hold Off On New Bonding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p1
Treasurer of California, Phil Angelides told leaders of California that he opposes the sale of any new general obligation bond issues or state lease-revenue bonds beyond those already approved or on the 2004 ballot until a balanced budget is in place and there is a viable plan to fix structural...
- Investments in Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p1
Reports on the proposal of treasurer Phil Angelides to increase investment in the state's electricity transmission grid in California. Construction of additional electrical grids; Issuance of revenue bonds for power projects; Response to the growing energy needs of the state.
- Angelides: Deficit Bonds A Bad Idea. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p1
Reports on the warning of California treasurer Phil Angelides to governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger against a large-scale deficit bond issue. Opposition for a deficit borrowing plan; Challenges faced in the state's budget; Comment of Schwarzenegger on the issue.
- Stumping for $37B in GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p42
The article reports on the campaign for a 37 billion dollar in infrastructure bond measures that will be on the November 2006 ballot. The infrastructure investment plan in important to building California's future and ensuring the state can compete and succeed in the global economy. The bond...
- Fiscal Recovery Bonds? // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p1
Focuses on plan of California Treasurer Phil Angelides, to sell $18 billion of debt which the state needs to issue over the next 10 months in order to keep its recently adopted budget balanced, as of August 25, 2003. Schedule for the sale of $11 billion of Fiscal Recovery Bonds; Anticipation by...
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p6
Presents updates on various legislation related to bonds and state and local finance in the United States, as of March 15, 1999. Includes return of nine departments under a financial board to the Washington, D.C., mayor's control; Ban of sale of tax-exempt bonds to finance professional sports...
- Lawyers fight to purge outdated language in Texas' public finance laws. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30614, p40
Focuses on Texas bond lawyers' effort to improve a legislative proposal to codify public finance law by rewriting old and obscure language that is no longer relevant. Companion bills to the Public Finance Act; Concerns raised by other interested parties.
- California Market Reacts Calmly to $10 Billion Power Bond Announcement. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p36
Reports on the reaction of California bond traders to state Treasurer Phil Angelides' announcement that the majority of the power purchase bonds set for sale beginning May 2001 will likely be tax-exempt. Total value of the power purchase bonds to be offered by the state government; Intended...