Archer supports plan to increase private-activity caps next year
- House Panel to Consider Bill Raising Private-Activity Cap. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/16/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30479, p1
Focuses on the legislation proposed by United States House Ways and Means Committee chairman Bill Archer that would increase the private-activity bond volume cap by 50 percent. Part of Archer's tax cut package; Arbitrage provision of the bill appreciated by municipal market participants and...
- Private-activity volume cap faces setback. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30747, p4
Reports that United States House Ways and Means Committee chairman Bill Archer opposed proposals to accelerate an increase in the private-activity bond volume cap and to raise the low-income housing tax credit over the next four years. Optimism of municipal market and housing groups regarding...
- Tax Cut Bill on Track. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30681, p1
Reports on the bond-related provisions of the tax bill expected to be introduced by lawmaker Bill Archer to the United States House of Representatives. Structure of the proposed changes in bond volume cap and school debt requirements; Similar bills introduced in Congress; Tax priorities of the...
- Private-use bonds win twice in bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/14/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30682, p1
Reports on the advantages of a tax-cut plan proposed by United States Representative Bill Archer to states issuing private-use bonds. Elimination of the alternative minimum tax; Benefits of the proposal to individual and corporations wanting to own tax-exempt bonds; Total amount of the...
- Tax Bill May Include a 50% Increase in Bond Volume Cap. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30496, p1
Focuses on the tax bill proposed by United States Representative Bill Archer that would increase the private-activity bond volume cap beginning in fiscal 2003. Bond-related issues addressed in the bill; Revenue-raising provisions of the bill; Positive impact of the proposed volume cap increase.
- From the TM3 wire. Resnick, Amy B.; Selway, William // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p2
Presents updates on Texas Representative Bill Archer's tax bill, personal consumption and sales of existing homes in the United States as of September 28, 1998. Municipal industry groups' support for Archer's $80 billion tax cut bill; Strength of consumer confidence in August 1998; Decline in...
- Investors' pal at Ways and Means. Egan, Jack // U.S. News & World Report;12/5/94, Vol. 117 Issue 22, p103
Focuses on Bill Archer, a Texan who hates big government who is about to become head of the House Ways and Means Committee. How the conservative from Houston is in the driver's seat after having his pro-investment ideas blocked and ignored for 24 years; What he hopes to accomplish; View on the...
- Look for Crane to be passed over. // National Journal;11/01/97, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p2179
Reports that insiders looking beyond the chairmanship of Bill Archer of Texas at the House Ways and Means Committee agree that William M. Thomas of California will probably replace him in 2001.
- Archer bows. // American Spectator;Jan1996, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p14
Reports that the Bill Archer, Chairman of the House Ways and Means was not given a more active role in the Budget debate.