Discover brokerage forms alliance with Aether to offer wireless trading
- Discover Brokerage's TradeRunner offers investing from PDAs. // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p24
Announces Discover Brokerage's introduction of a wireless investing service called TradeRunner which uses 3Com Corp.'s Palm III and Palm IIx personal digital assistants. Features and price range of the solution developed with Aether Technologies Inc.
- Discover & Dean Witter. Cooper, Evan // On Wall Street;Jul99, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p53
Focuses on the full-service and discounted online investing program of Discover Brokerage Direct. Company's observation on the customers of online brokerages; View of brokers on the program; Challenges facing the company.
- Aether opens wireless data center. // RCR;04/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p29
Announces the formal opening of Aether Technologies Inc.'s Enterprise Data Wireless Center in Maryland, designed to extend wireless access capabilities to enterprise formation management systems. Initial customers; Center features; Terms of its strategic alliance with 3Com Corp.
- Discover to Use Javelin's FIX Server for After-Hours Trading. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;09/27/99, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p6
Reports on Discover Brokerage's licensing of Javelin Technologies' FIX protocol engine for its extended-hours stock trading product. Use of the engine by Discover in connecting its online trading system to the MarketTX electronic communications network; Current protocols used by the brokerage...
- Morgan leverages Discover IT for quick net trading launch. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;10/25/99, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p1
Focuses on the expanded securities program trading capacity of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.'s Web server installed by Discover Brokerage Direct. Addition of 50 Sun Microsystems Netra T1 uniprocessor servers in data centers of the company; Improvement of trading capacity.
- Aether, Data Critical form alliance. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p8
Focuses on the alliance formed by Aether Systems Inc. and Data Critical Corp., a provider of wireless communications to the health-care industry.
- PointBase teams with Microware. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p30
Reports on the teamup of mobile wireless data management product supplier PointBase Inc. with embedded real-time operating software provider Microwave Systems Corp. to address the emerging market for mobile wireless data applications.
- New group forms to promote 3G nets. Gimpelson, Terri // Network World;1/14/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p26
Reports the alliance of wireless service providers and equipment vendors in the United States. Goal of Newco; Identification of members; Inclusion of GSM technology.
- Critical Path, Logica extend relationship. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p36
Focuses on Critical Path Inc. and Logica's extension of their relationship in which they jointly provide wireless messaging infrastructure to wireless carriers in the United States.