Lawmakers introduce more banking bills
- House, Senate lawmakers finalize deal on bank bill. Kuhnhenn, Jim // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/25/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 149, p9
The article reports on the passage of the bank bill of lawmakers to the House of Representatives and to the Senate for final votes in Washington, D.C.
- Banks say fee regulation is just like 'communism'. Fletcher, Jay // Green Left Weekly;11/24/2010, Issue 862, p6
The article reports on the call of big four banks at a Greens plan to bring in bank regulation legislation to parliament and at a class action being considered against banks that force out borrowers through variable interest rate loans.
- Legislative Update. // American Banker;12/13/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 238, p9
Reports on the passage of several legislation related to banking industry in the U.S. in the year 2002. Approval of bankruptcy overhaul bill by the House; Passage of the terrorism insurance bill in the House and the Senate; Adoption of housing bill by the House.
- Clearing Checks. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;10/27/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 43, p26
Reports that the U.S. Congress has approved the proposed check transportation legislation Check Clearing for the 21st Century Act. Provisions of the proposed legislation that would bring transparency to the check transportation system in the U.S.; Implications for the business operations of...
- Why financial reform is bad for consumers. Gunther, Dale // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/19/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p13
The article examines the negative impact of the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill on community banks and consumers in the U.S.
- Your grassroots efforts and PAC support are critical! Koch, Linda // Illinois Banker;Aug2007, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p6
The author reflects on the challenges faced by the banking industry in Illinois. The author cites bad banking legislation which he thinks to have becoming increasingly more difficult to stop. One of which is the recent passage of Senate Bill 1544 which he notes to have imposed new significant...
- Bill Portends Construction Lending Changes. Berg, Joel // American Banker;11/30/2012, Vol. 177 Issue F346, p5
The article discusses a state legislative bill in Illinois which will overturn a 2011 Illinois Supreme Court ruling that favored banks when foreclosure sale proceeds were distributed and mentions banks oppose this bill saying it will hurt construction lending.
- Bill would ease bank regulations. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/14/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 46, p11
A summary is presented of the bill, the Community Bank Resource Improvement Act, prepared by the U.S. House of Representatives and Representative Jim Himes.
- The three ways banking reform will shake up retail financial services. Dale, Samuel // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/05/2013, p54
The article presents information on the Banking Reform Bill, which is into Third Reading in the House of Lords in Great Britain.