Groups ready suit over Internet panel
- Internet group sued over member ratio. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30594, p5
Reports on the National Association of Counties and the United States Conference of Mayors' filing of a class action lawsuit in a bid to stop the Internet tax commission from meeting until its membership meets the requirements of Internet Tax Freedom Act. Industry officials of the commission;...
- Counties, mayors lobby for more urban road funding. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/23/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30356, p4
Reports that the National Association of Counties and the United States Conference of Mayors are lobbying for more urban road funding. Comparison between the economic activity of the 10 largest metropolitan areas and those of 30 smallest ones and other countries; Provisions of the Building...
- NACo, USCM sue over tax act. Preston, Mark // American City & County;Apr99, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the National Association of Counties (NACo) and the United States Conference of Mayors (USCM) over the Internet Tax Freedom Act. Concern of representatives from NACo and USCM; Expected Internet sales growth; Remarks from NACo Executive Director Larry Naake.
- Groups seek meeting over Internet taxation. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30621, p5
Highlights the efforts of the National Association of Counties and the United States Conference of Mayors to meet congressional leaders to discuss the Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce's membership. Concerns about the makeup of the commission's membership; Lawsuit filed by the groups...
- Guides to developing RFQ/Ps and markets. // BioCycle;Feb95, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p12
Reports that the National Composting Program, a project of the United States Conference of Mayors has published guides on developing facilities and building markets in municipal composting.
- Mayors report recycling gains. // BioCycle;May95, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p6
Reports on findings of a survey conducted by the United States Conference of Mayors on waste management in the cities. Increase in curbside and multifamily recycling in 1994.
- Seattle's Norm Rice takes USCM helm. Neiman, Eris // American City & County;Jun95, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the selection of Seattle, Washington Mayor Norm Rice as president of the U.S. Conference of Mayors. Rice's pledge to improve the city's economic outlook; Achievements; Provisions under Comprehensive Growth Plan initiated by Rice; Duties and responsibilities as USCM head.
- New Orleans Mayor Marc Morial Takes Helm Of U.S. Conference Of Mayors. // Jet;7/16/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p48
Reports on the inauguration of New Orleans, Louisiana, Mayor Marc Morial as president of the United States Conference of Mayors.
- Mayors debate brave new world of more power but less money. Decker, Jonathan P. // Christian Science Monitor;6/20/95, Vol. 87 Issue 143, p3
Focuses on the deliberations at the 63rd Annual US Conference of Mayors held in Miami in June 1995. Issues discussed; Views of the participants on elimination of unfunded mandates for future legislation.