Proposed rules would let SEC shut firms
- Year 2000 Disclosure and Guidance for State and Local Governments. Weatherman, Mark S.; Foltin, Craig // Ohio CPA Journal;Apr-Jun99, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p36
Reports that the United States (US) Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) have issued documents which will effect how US states and local governments handle the year 2000 date conversion (Y2K) problem. Impact of the Y2K problem; Details of...
- SEC will halt new rules on Y2K fix. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30468, p5
States that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission has imposed a moratorium from June 1, 1999 to March 31, 2000 on the implementation of commission rules on year 2000 fix.
- A One-Shot SOP. Burke, John F. // CPA Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on SOP 98-8, a document which provides background on the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Year 2000 accounting rules and on the applicable definition of the Y2K problem. Task force which issued the SOP; Information on the SEC rules; Features of the text of the SOP.
- SEC stirs confusion with Y2K guidelines. Zerega, Blaise // InfoWorld;08/17/98, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the confusion arising from the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) guidelines on year-2000 disclosure. Requirement of companies to make full disclosures about year-2000 problems in certain reports; Potential use of such disclosures as evidence in year-2000...
- SEC lodges Y2K charges against 9 transfer agents. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;01/11/99, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the enforcement actions filed by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), against nine transfer agents, for failing to provide timely reports on the steps they are taking to deal with the year 2000 (Y2K) problem. Joint enforcement actions taken in October 1998 with...
- Brokers given Y2K deadline. Abreu, Elinor Mills // InfoWorld;08/02/99, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the deadline for year 2000 (Y2K) computer glitch compliance set by the United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for brokerages in the US. Details on the Y2K compliance rules; Compliance status of the SEC; Function of the SEC.
- Addressing year 2000 legal issues. Palenski, Ronald // American City & County;Sep97, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p8
Provides information on important issues relating to the Year 2000 Problem that are drawing attention to government officials in the United States. Listing of relevant questions relating to the problem; Information on the care that government officials should take in retaining third parties to...
- Y2K exam results look good... so far. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr99, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p46
No abstract available.
- Are you ready to do business in the Year 2000? Neese, Terry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/29/98, Vol. 45 Issue 26, p35A
Opinion. Comments on US President Bill Clinton's establishment of the President's Council on Year 2000 Conversion to ensure that federal agencies make their own mission-critical systems year 2000 compliant. Council's responsibility to enlist all federal agencies to serve as economic sector...