Low fixed rate cements Maine housing deal
- Freshly Upgraded Maine Housing Authority Set for Sale. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31237, p29
Provides updates on the sale of the mortgage bonds of Maine State Housing Authority. Evaluation of the rating of the deal by Standard and Poor's; Possibility of increasing the amount of bonds for sale; Projection on the growth of fund balance by Moody's Investors Service.
- MAINE: Housing Agency Picks. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/11/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33247, p9
The article announces that Barbara Berry and Raymond Cota Jr. were appointed as board members at the Housing Authority in Maine.
- D.C. Closes on Two Tax Increment Deals Totalling $21 Million. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31807, p3
Reports on the closure of the two new tax increment financing note deals by the District of Columbia in Washington D.C. Use of mortgage revenue bonds and low-income housing tax credits had been proposed for the housing component of the project; Issuance of the note by the city as collateral to...
- Mortgage Bond Abuse Targeted. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p1
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has sent letters to several dozens issuers of single-family mortgage bonds asking for information on any upfront money paid to them or other parties in a transaction that was used to pay any portion of the issuance costs.
- Nebraska. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p53S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Nebraska. Issuance of tax-exempt debt for single-family mortgages and hospitals; Impact of the status of the state authorities in the performance in the bond market; State and local revenues; Data on total debt per capita; Comparison of employment growth...
- South Carolina. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p78S
Focuses on the economic conditions of South Carolina. Rules to debt issuance to assure healthy credit ratings and sound economic development; Contributions of authorities and officials on the economy; Value of mortgage revenue bonds sold in 1999; Priorities in private activities; State and...
- Beware of the Garage Police. Walters, Jonathan // Governing;Sep1999, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on the program launched by the Maine Housing Authority that was abused by residents and contractors. Information on the financing of the program; Highlights on the violations made on the program; Discussion on the issue. Details on the issue.
- Infrastructure Players Seek Support to Extend TEA-21. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/16/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30996, p1
Highlights the campaign mounted by the United States transportation construction industry to reauthorize the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA-21). Discussion of the financing elements for TEA-21; Use of tax-exempt financing; Development of transportation partnerships; Access...
- Midwest Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30874, p23
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the Midwest, as of April 19, 2000. Illinois' fiscal 2001 budget approved by state lawmakers; Kosciusko County Justice Building Corp.'s proposed mortgage bond offering in Indiana; Michigan State University's plans to close on a $61.2 million...