L.A. case questions bond counsel's duty
- Buy-Side Forum: Fund Managers to Issuers: More Disclosure, Please. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p26
Focuses on the meeting of fund managers in the Bond Buyer's Southeast Public Finance Conference held in February 2002 in Orlando. Importance of disclosure of information of bond issues by issuers; Lack of standardized system in bond issues; Discussion of merits of competitive sales of bonds and...
- Lawyers Show Support for Electronic Bond Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Securities Industry News;09/27/99, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p12
Reports that lawyers in a technology panel at the National Association of Bond Lawyers' annual Bond Attorney's Workshop have given their support for electronic bond disclosure in the United States. Obstacles in the electronic reproduction of bond transcripts; Calls for electronic disclosure in...
- Chicago's new disclosure affidavits attempting to ferret out corruption. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;05/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30396, p1
Focuses on a rule mandating bond underwriters to fill out a disclosure affidavit before doing business with the city of Chicago in Illinois. Response to the scandal involving Mayor Richard Daley's floor leader Patrick Huels; Need for all city contractors to sign disclosure affidavits; Bankers...
- Both Sides Now: Issuers, Investors Discuss Disclosure. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p4
Highlights a discussion between bond issuers and investors on disclosure in either electronic offering documents or traditional paper official statements. Ratings necessary for institutional; Value that bond insurance adds to an issue; Importance placed on disclosure by issuers.
- TBMA issues draft underwriters' disclosure disclaimer. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p29
Reports that the Bond Market Association has released a draft of a standardized disclosure disclaimer that an underwriter could include in an official statement in the United States. Need for a standardized language; Basic principles underlying the draft.
- Warren Evans reveals more on retail bond. // Cabinet Maker;11/8/2013, Issue 5860, p9
The article reports that Warren Evans, bed maker and retailer, has disclosed more information on its retail bond to be issued to raise capital worth Â£2.5m.
- Question of disclaimers should be up to each issuer, Zucker says. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30832, p5
Reports on National Association of Bond Lawyers president Howard Zucker's views on the use of disclosure disclaimer language in bond offering documents in the United States. Government Finance Officers Association's position on the use of disclaimer language; United States Securities & Exchange...
- Fulfilling obligations. Freeman, Lynn // American City & County;Nov2005, Vol. 120 Issue 12, p30
The article discusses the Rule 15c2-12 of the New York-based Securities and Exchange Commission which requires ongoing disclosures as long as bonds are outstanding. The rule requires municipal securities underwriters to review an official statement before purchasing, offering or selling...
- Closing Arguments in Philadelphia Case Begin Tomorrow. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;4/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32105, p4
Reports on the progress of the case filed against five people over an alleged municipal bond corruption in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Facts of the case; Decision of the defense attorneys to rest their case without calling any witnesses; Views of the judge regarding the case.