Florida's Bush repeats vow for tax relief in state of the state
- Cradle of Choice. FRENCH, DAVID // National Review;10/19/2015, Vol. 67 Issue 19, p47
The article discusses the impacts of the education policies that were enacted by 2016 U.S. presidential candidate Jeb Bush while he was serving as the governor of Florida during the late 1990s and early 2000s, and it mentions Bush's views about the Common Core State Standards for education,...
- Clearing an Obstacle for George W. Schneider, William // National Journal;11/20/99, Vol. 31 Issue 47/48, p3430
Focuses on the initiative of Florida Governor Jeb Bush that bans racial preferences and expands outreach, which could support the presidential campaign of his brother, George W. Bush. Jeb Bush's comment on the anti-affirmative action campaign of conservative Ward Connerly; Minority leaders'...
- Brother Jeb's move to end affirmative action. Foer, Franklin // U.S. News & World Report;11/22/99, Vol. 127 Issue 20, p31
Focuses on the plans of Florida Governor Jeb Bush to end affirmative action in his state. His proposal for banning all race-based affirmative action in Florida schools and government contracting; Details of his class-rank plan and how it affects minority students.
- Florida Seeks Billions for Roads but Rail Transit Comes Up Empty. Cho, Aileen; Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/31/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p20
Details the plan of Florida Governor Jeb Bush on transportation infrastructure. Budget allocated for the transportation projects; How the projects will be financed.
- Florida plan draws protests. // State Government News;Mar2000, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the protest made by students in Florida over the plan of Governor Jeb Bush to develop a system monitoring minority admissions to state universities. Demand of the students; Similar protest made by two lawmakers.
- Florida's Trojan horse. Graves, Earl G. // Black Enterprise;May2000, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p13
Scrutinizes the One Florida Initiative proposed by Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Provisions of the plan; How the plan would affect educational and business opportunities for African Americans; Measures planned by members of African American communities to counter the plan.
- Bush Vows to 'Slash' Regulation, Overhaul Dodd-Frank. Finkle, Victoria // Nationalmortgagenews.com;9/24/2015, p9
The article reports on the plan of U.S. presidential candidate Jeb Bush to reform the regulatory process of the country in 2015.
- Candidate Bush wants tribes, states to control energy development. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Oct2015, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p33
The article reports that Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush has released its energy policy which urges Native American tribes and the U.S. states government to control its energy development within their boundaries on September 29, 2015.
- When Talking About 'Jeb!,' Don't Neglect His Education Record. Bovee, Jack // Education Week;9/23/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p20
A letter to the editor is presented discussing the education policies of former Florida governor and 2016 Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush.