Jan. new home sales fell 5.0% to 918,000
- Existing-home sales soften, but still in record territory. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/22/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p22
Reports on a slight decline in sales of existing single-family homes in October 2003 from an all-time high during the pervious month in the U.S. Report from the National Association of Realtors (NAR); Cited sales activity figures; NAR chief economist David Lereah's comment on the easing housing...
- Higher prices, fewer sales in county housing market. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 38 Issue 32, p8
Announces the increase in sale prices of single family houses in Westchester County, New York. Decrease in the number of houses sold for the second quarter of 1999; Median sale price for a single family house; Reduction in Westchester's housing inventory; Reduction in the number of permits...
- New home sales surge 6.1% to near-record pace. Fourcade, Marthe // American Banker;8/1/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 147, p9
Reports that US sales of new single-family homes has risen in June 1997. Anticipation of continued gains for housing and the overall economy; Standard & Poor's home builders' index; Lean inventories.
- Construction of $10 million residential project to begin. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/03/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p19
Reports that the construction of a multimillion dollar residential development in Centerville, Utah will start in August 2000. Number of single-family homes that will be constructed.
- New Home Sales Fall to 921,000. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;02/28/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31086, p2
Reports on the decline in the sale of single family homes in the United States during the month of January 2001, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Downtowns ripe for new apartments. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;02/26/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the strong market of single family housing in downtown Westchester County, New York. Factors driving the demand for apartment houses; Customers' preference for apartments near mass transits and downtown stores; Description of ongoing upscale apartment projects.
- Owners, developers, town find common ground. Warson, Albert // Planning;Aug97, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the development of planning and design guidelines for a proposed single-family home development in Markham, Ontario. Challenges faced by officials in planning; Total acreage of the development project; Handling of ownership issues.
- Homes taking longer to sell as inventory soars. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;09/15/97, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p3B
Warns Tucson, Arizona sellers to price houses reasonably, otherwise, they will sit on the market longer as record-breaking levels of inventory are recorded in 1997. Average number of days that homes stayed on the market in July; Pricing of hard-to-sell property; Lag time between market...
- Market for luxury homes continues to boom. Rutherford, Megan // Inside Tucson Business;09/15/97, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p17B
Highlights the boom in the luxury home market of Tucson, Arizona. Clients from the baby boom era; Coldwell Banker Success Realty's sale of homes in 1996 and 1997; Most expensive prices listed on the market; Preferred sites for luxury homes; Popularity of Mountain Estates in Ventana and The...