California firm urges stronger disclosure for some land deals
- Securities fraud case continues against California underwriter. Marios, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30292, p1
Comments on a lawsuit which was brought against underwriter Pacific Genesis Group by the California Department of Corporations. Allegations cited in suit; Circumstances surrounding lawsuit; Details on lawsuit.
- Pacific Genesis, California agree to let monitor review deals. Marois, Michael B.; Stanton, Michael; Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/22/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30297, p1
Reports that Pacific Genesis Group on December 19, 1997, agreed to let an independent monitor review all of its land-based financing while the California Department of Corporations continues to pursue a lawsuit against the company. Details on the suit; Stipulations of the agreement; Other...
- Settlement ends PGG fraud case. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30583, p1
States that Pacific Genesis Group Inc. has agreed to settle the fraud lawsuit filed against it by the California Department of Corporations. Allegations against the company; Terms of the settlement; Benefits of the move to Pacific Genesis.
- California's PGG on the spot over alleged settlement violations. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/05/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30801, p3
Focuses on the alleged violation committed by the Pacific Genesis Group of a 1999 municipal securities settlement, according to the California Department of Corporations. Trading of certifications of participation prior to winning the debt; Failure to include a summary of the indenture;...
- PGG Winds Up Back in Calif. Court. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30853, p1
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by California Department of Corporations against Pacific Genesis Group (PGG) for violating a settlement deal in San Francisco, California. Failure of PGG to disclose investment risks to bondholders and questionable sales practices in 1997 lawsuit; Demands of the...
- Witness: Rancho Lucerne Couldn't Have Enough Land Sale Revenues to Pay Debt. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p33
No abstract available.
- Rancho Lucerne Developer Questioned in Pacific Genesis Trial. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31066, p6
Reports on the securities fraud non-jury trial against Pacific Genesis Group Inc. Questioning of Manoucher Sarbaz of the Pacific Golf Community Development in Los Angeles, California.
- Judge: Pacific Genesis Offering Was 'Highly Risky'. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31071, p4
Reports on United States District Court Judge Charles R. Breyer's remarks concerning Pacific Genesis Group Inc.'s ninth offering in a master plan community. Securities fraud filed against Pacific Genesis; Securities and Exchange Commission's call for a permanent injunction against the company.
- Pacific Genesis Chairman Resigns as Firm Battles SEC Over Securities Fraud Charges. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;04/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31128, p38
Highlights a federal court decision asking the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Pacific Genesis Group Inc. (PGG) to try to resolve securities fraud lawsuit linked with bonds sold for the development of a residential golf community in California's Lucerne Valley. ...