InterVest will seek trade data
- Leave policy goes above and beyond FMLA? Flaunt your generosity in court. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Oct2012, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p3
The article discusses the a case Ben-Levy v. Bloomberg LP which deals with the termination and payment of the plaintiff during his U.S. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave.
- Federal Investigation Into Reuters Analytics Unit Dropped. Stirland, Sarah // Securities Industry News;07/19/99, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p4
Reports the withdrawal of the federal investigation on Reuters Analytics unit in New York. Complaints of the Bloomberg LP against Reuters Analytics Inc.; Statement of Michael Bloomberg on the withdrawal of the federal prosecutors; Difficulty in filing a civil suit against Reuters Analytics.
- Rogue Reprint Company Riles Publishers. Posnock, Susan Thea; Jenkins, Caroline // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p18
Presents a court case filed by Bloomberg L.P. and Advance Publications vs. Best of Boulders (BB) for trademark infringement. Exploitation of branded marketing list; Inability of BB to reprint and republish magazine articles; Additional complaints from Forbes Inc. and Time Inc.
- InterVest sues Bloomberg over electronic trading pact. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;09/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30474, p1
Reports on InterVest Inc.'s filing of a lawsuit against Bloomberg LP claiming breach of contract. Bloomberg's attempt to derail InterVest's electronic-bond trading system; InterVest's allegations against Bloomberg's unfair business practices against Bloomberg; Damage compensation demanded by...
- Leave policy goes above and beyond FMLA? Make sure court sees your generosity. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;Sep2012, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p2
The article discusses the case Ben-Levy v. Bloomberg LP, which demonstrates paying employees during U.S. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave or providing more generous leave terms can help prove that an employer does not resent an employee and terminate them.
- Judge dismisses Layton firm's libel suit against Bloomberg. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/09/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p16
Reports on Judge Dale A. Kimball's dismissal of a libel lawsuit filed against Bloomberg LP by Layton, Utah-based Computerized Thermal Imaging. Case background; Terms of the court ruling; Arguments raised by Computerized Thermal Imaging in the lawsuit.
- E-trading: The view from the buy side. Stirland, Sarah // Securities Industry News;06/14/99, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p47
Focuses on the effects of the growth of electronic trading in the securities industry in the late 1990s. Additional task for traders; Implications for buyside traders; Disparity between investment management firms and the brokerage side of the business; Factors driving interest in electronic...
- Market-maker survey: The coming revolution. Byrne, John A. // Securities Industry News;06/14/99, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p51
Highlights a survey of online market-makers in the securities industry for the year ended March 31, 1999. Impact of the rising volume of online retail order flow; Profit margin declines posted by market-makers; Companies topping the group in transaction volumes; Reaction to Nasdaq's extended...
- Trade Confirmation Market Working to Achieve STP. Dabaie, Michael // Securities Industry News;08/09/99, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p8
Focuses on efforts in the securities industry to enhance straight-through processing (STP) features of electronic securities trading systems. Industry costs of the lack of STP; Analysis of industry developments in achieving STP.