AHERF trustee signs off on letter supporting AUH-West merger
- AHERF hospital deal hits home stretch. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;07/12/99, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p20
Deals with the formal merger agreement completed by Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System with Allegheny General Hospital, Allegheny Valley Hospital, Canonsburg Hospital and Forbes Health System. Vital companion agreement signed by the United States (US) Bankruptcy Court trustee, Allegheny...
- Some relief for AHERF. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;03/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30592, p1
Reports on the proposed merger of Allegheny Health Education & Research Foundation's Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based Allegheny University Hospitals-West hospital system and the Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System. Importance of the development to creditors of the foundation's hospitals;...
- In W. Pa., insurer, system, doctors square off over AHERF bid. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;03/29/99, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p2
Focuses on the battle among hospitals, physicians and insurers in Western Pennsylvania to acquire the remaining hospitals of bankrupt Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation (AHERF). Offering of Highmark Blue Cross and Blue shield to AHERF; Challenges being faced by Highmark on its...
- Feds pave way for AHERF deal. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;06/21/99, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p26
Reports on the approval of a merger deal between Western Pennsylvania Health System (WPHS) and Allegheny Health Education and Research Foundation (AHERF) by the United States (US) Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Complaints to the FTC and the US Justice Department; Hurdles to AHERF and WPHS...
- Highmark/WPAHS deal may be health care harbinger. STAUFFER, HEATHER // Central Penn Business Journal;11/23/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p1
The article focuses on the deal of Highmark Inc. with West Penn Allegheny Health System (WPAHS) for alternative reimbursement models for health care.
- FTC clears Pittsburgh AHERF units' sale. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30662, p28
Reports on the merger of Allegheny University Hospital-West and the Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System. Absence of objection from the United States Federal Trade Commission.
- Health system's bid for AUH-West is enough to protect debt. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p3
Reports that a bid made by the Western Pennsylvania Health System is rich enough to protect bondholders owed by Allegheny University Hospitals-West. Planned creation of nonprofit health care system governed by a sponsor board; Financial backing from Highmark Blue Cross-Blue Shield; Remark from...
- Pittsburgh report: Health merger unfeasible. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30683, p4
Highlights a study commissioned by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Health System to determine the viability of a proposed merger between the Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System and Allegheny University Hospitals-West. Conclusion that the combined system will fail; West...
- Pittsburgh judge holds off MBIA request for hospital information. Kruger, Daniel; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30686, p3
Reports on MBIA Insurance Corp.'s objection to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based Allegheny General Hospital's restructuring plan. Case background; MBIA Insurance's demand for more information about the restructuring plan from the hospital and its parent company Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System.