International flights to arrive at Chicago's Midway
- Chicago May Provide TIF Assistance, Issue Bonds for Airport Development. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p3
Reports the provision of tax-increment financing assistance and issue bonds in behalf of American Trans Air Inc. by the city of Chicago, Illinois. Sale of special facility revenue bonds; Increase in the excitement for the area economic development; Creation of tax-increment financing districts...
- American Trans Air slashes schedule and 757 operations. Ott, James // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/16/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 12, p41
Discusses a September 1996 decision by American Trans Air (ATA) to reduce scheduled services and reevaluate its Boeing 757 operations. Which ATA flights and services are to be affected; ATA's revenue performance; Its loss of passengers; Its aggressive expansion; Its age as of 1996; When the...
- ATA plan may include maintenance hub. Shankle, Greta // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/20/93, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p1A
Reports on American Trans Air's plan to construct a maintenance facility for the airline at Indianapolis International Airport. Purposes; Financial considerations; Staff expansion; Expansion plans.
- Livery for leisure. Martin, David // Travel Agent;12/5/94, Vol. 273 Issue 8, p19
Profiles American Trans Air (ATA) of Indianapolis, Indiana. Acquisition of new aircraft; Distinctive interior and exterior design; Marketing niche of vacation fares; History of the firm; Chairman George Mikelsons; Tie-up with Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays tour operator; Temporary operating loss due...
- ATA's plan unveiled; hangar expansion up in the air. Shankle, Greta // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/21/94, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p14A
Describes the new marketing campaign launched by American Trans Air. Company history; Financial performance in 1993.
- New York-Belfast route to American Trans Air. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/3/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 18, p27
States Indianapolis-based charter carrier American Trans Air has been granted special permission to begin scheduled service between New York and Belfast in a move that British Transport Secretary John MacGregor called a demonstration of the UK's willingness to progress with liberalization. ...
- ATA cancels Boston service. // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/02/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p41A
Reports that American Trans Air Inc. will phase out service from Boston, Massachusetts over the next four months, from September 1996. Correlation with a depressed pricing environment.
- ATA faces incentive deadline. Eckert, Toby // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/23/96, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p1
Reports that the city of Indianapolis, Indiana has given American Trans Air one year to start moving on its promise to expand its local operations. Possibility of the withdrawal of incentive package for the airlines.
- Increased Hawaii service. // Travel Agent;6/6/94, Vol. 271 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the additional nonstop flights of American Trans Air in conjunction with Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays between Hawaii and San Francisco, California. Flights serviced by Lockheed L-1011s; Contact information.